Looked what jumped on the trailer today!!

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: Looked what jumped on the trailer today!!

Post by MaxPower »

You got it. It was advertised as a F1 F2 cab. Got it home it and discovered it still had the VIN tag. I wasn't aware of that when I brought it. Found out it is a 1950 F1. Just waiting on a reply from Infrastructure about the import papers.
Am thinking about turning it into a pro-tourer style of thing. Something old school looking with new running gear. My Dad retires in a few years so should give us something to tinker on together.
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Isn't that the wrong way?"

"Yeah, but faster!"
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Same cab all the way to f6, only the width of the guards changes,had a 51 f1 cab chassis still have a 52 f5..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

Ah rightio. These are new to me. Love the look of them but have not played with them before.
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Yeah, but faster!"
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

have a hilux chassis put aside to put the cab on plus a soarer drive train at the min but that may change...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

Will have to wait and see what comes along I think before I make any of those decisions. Not sure whether to keep it old school muscle or new plastic with electronics with the bells and whistles.

"Yeah, but faster!"
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

I just had a 1952 F100 in the shop last week. The body was dropped onto a complete Isuzu MUX 4WD chassis/drivetrain with only 18km's on the clock. He found the MUX at a wreckers , it'd had an internal fire in the rear & he wanted a strong tow car. Gotta say it's a little weird seeing a F100 sounding like a 4cyl diesel!
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

How did the body sit? Did it sit well or did it look high? And did he lower the ride height as well or leave it at the original 4x4 height?

I had similar ideas going through my head when towing it home about using a donor the same as my tow car. Even the cluster on these things wouldn't look too out of place as they are quite small and roundish.

"Yeah, but faster!"
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Where's the exploder.?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

Sold both of them. The wife and I both have VW's now. I now no longer visit a servo 2-4 times a week. Now it's roughly once a fortnight. Getting 900-1000km's a tank is very nice.

"Yeah, but faster!"
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

MaxPower wrote:Sold both of them. The wife and I both have VW's now. I now no longer visit a servo 2-4 times a week. Now it's roughly once a fortnight. Getting 900-1000km's a tank is very nice.
Very big tank hey?
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

No. Costs me about $100 or so to fill from empty. The dash is telling me about 8L/100 on average and around 11/100 with the car trailer or boat behind me.

The wife's Tiguan gets around 5.3-6ish/100 on average and she got 9.0/100 on a 600km trip towing her horse float.
Last edited by MaxPower on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Yeah, but faster!"
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

MaxPower wrote:I now no longer visit a servo 2-4 times a week.
Don't know what you were doing wrong, I am lucky if I fill my Explorer every 2 weeks, usually 3.

Then again I go nowhere ........
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

ozbilt wrote:
That would do it. :D

If I leave town, it's usually 200km's by the time I get back.

"Yeah, but faster!"
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

ozbilt wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I now no longer visit a servo 2-4 times a week.
Don't know what you were doing wrong, I am lucky if I fill my Explorer every 2 weeks, usually 3.

Yes backing it out of the shed doesn't count....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

So things have changed . If anybody wants to take this off my hands, $600 is what I paid and would like to get back, Send me a pm. Not going to get to it now unfortunately
69candy wrote:International AL110. 1949? No motor or box. About F100 size, 1-1-5 tonne I think? Still don't know why or what to do with it!! Chassis is straight and solid. Cab is pretty good, got all its glass, grill? bonnet is straight. Just got to get a tape measure out!! Have a few ideas!!