Fatkids 500

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Re: Fatkids 500

Post by shermatt »

I ended up buying a set of 68 Shelby wheels for it.

They where only $500us so I thought stuff it. There on the car now.....thats the only thing Ive done to the car for 5 months.

I just said above that I was going to work on it tomoz....murpheys law, have a guy driving down from Tennasee that will be here at 11am to buy my 283 V8 out of my 62 Chris craft boat (the one Im building a full length bar out of one day) :)

Might have to work on it on Saturday...whatever

moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

can I call you Mr Multiple Projects? more appropriate to me than fatkid!!

Or "oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi" after your alarm.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

bro302????

That you Mo
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

MO, AKA Moe, AKA BRO302

(It is a personality thing, medical, you understand.....)
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

poor bugger!
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

no 3 character user ID's allowed. So I used my mustang's no. plate....
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Want me to see if I can change it manually? Can't guarantee it will work.

If so, let me know what you want it changed to.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Welcome aboard MoBro
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Matt, do me a favour & put some rags on top of those jack stands. Breaks my heart to see that awsome under body getting marked.
or tell me to piss off.... :outtahere:
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Well its felt like 43 degrees here yesterday and all I managed to get done to the car was peel back the car cover, get under the house and get the drivers side door glass and internals out, then put a shade canopy over the car

Then the fellas from Tennesee rolled in around 11am and we started pulling the 283 out of my 62 Chriscraft wooden boat

Going to make a bar out of the rest of the boat but thats another project I will fill you in on later

Dropped the non pwr steer rack and the manual rack of the Sherm so he can finish rebuilding it for me as I want to continue on with the interior.

Hopefully have the drivers door glass in today and get some other trinkits done (depending on the heat)

Pics coming soon
Last edited by shermatt on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Nice work Matt, you must have a thing for white cars and blue stripes :rotfl:
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Chad,

I was going to do her Grabber orange with a black hood like our website but decided to go with the what I believe is the only colour for a Shelby

white with the blue...its just what I invisage when someone says "SHELBY"

Was something like 40 degrees again yesterday and hot as F#ck....only in and out of the sun for 20 minutes and fried like Bi7ch

Got the front inboard lamps sorted but need a bit of tweeking.

All the dash and doors are painted along with all the interior panels. Painted the inside of the boot, fitted the reverse lamps, rear bar, tank, sendor, filler neck and the new GT500 flip fuel cap.

Rebuilt the drivers side door hardware and fitted most of the glass

About 4 visits to the hardware store didnt go astray either...had to replenish the nuts and bolts trays.

Today, I got the dash pad fitted, the alluminium dash fascia and dash cluster fitted. Tonight Im going to re-upholster the seats and get the interior sorted over the next few days...just got to deal with this heat

Its damn HOT

Will post some pics in a minute

Matt
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Inboard head lights...just need to set em properly as the angled incoreectly at the moment

The headlights seem a HELL of a lot easier than an Eleanor......thats not fitted yet.....just resting in there as I didnt get that far

Went with a set of these wheels for now ($500 bucks with tyres)...might change em later but for now, they'll do...better than what was on there

Just thought I would take a pic of the donk again.... (just coz)

Hopefully get alot more done tommorow and get this car finished as I want to tidy up a lot of projects over the next month

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Finally got some work done on the interior.

Have all the rear panels and roof ling in. Missing a few pieces of trim but Im hoping they will show up.

Sheri stripped all the interior seats down and started fitting the new foam and covers. Allmost finished them....just need to finish the passengers front seat and the top back seat.....thats the easy one, just need to paint the support frame.

Most of the ally dash is together with the Mr Shelby sig on it (that looks very cool)

Will throw some pics up later

mustang-jerry
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by mustang-jerry »

Going better the me Matt i looked at the car's felt the cold and went back inside.