ACT: Anyone for a drive on Sunday?

Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: ACT: Anyone for a drive on Sunday?

Post by Ausjacko »

No-one broke down as such. The 'Taruuna's' brake lights were not working but the new water pump (installed last night) worked well.
My new Ignitor 3 module worked well but the tacho, indicators and radio had the shits and decided not to work. Only found this out after we set off.
You just don't appreciate the '60, 70's and old time goldies' (as the ad goes) on AM until you don't have it. Had to sing 'Billy don't be a hero' solo. (H can make some really hurtful comments at times)
It rained on the way back but we did have a better day than the follwoing road users we passed:
- the car pulling a trailer who had the electrical fault in the lights that made for a rather brilliant display up the highway (no need for any sequential LEDs there- sorry blackpony if he is lurking)
- the mid 20 year old girl who was sitting at the side of the highway just south of Lake George with her bag, two dogs, crying whiel calling dad on her phone. We gather she belonged to the guy in the Mitsubishi van 5 kms up the road who had stopped. That is not going to be a happy reunion! (Ask H about the time she got out of the car-I know).
- and last, the guy who was standing on the side of the highway (must be the done thing) looking rather bemused. It was not until we passed him that we realised his strange expression was actually the 'WTF happened then' look. His ute was embedded in the scrub between the two carriage-ways. Somehow, he must have spun in the wet and landed in the ditch betweens the two roads. Must have been exciting if the grass and other debris on the road was any indication.
So, all in all just another Sunday drive...
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Stay away medic, treat yourself well. Or was it the Muzzie that had the sh1ts? :help:

Jacko, glad the drive was up to the usual standard. Mustangs and electrical issues. might have to get Caretaker up here to sort it for you!
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Mate, anyone is a better fit under the dash than me. I have to put traffic cones out on the road just so my legs have clearance if I work on her in the driveway!
'68 J-code GT Fastback
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

MustangMedic wrote:Does getting gastro at home before you leave, count??
Not good medic, but at least it was before you left...

Where are the pics of the new shoes fitted to the mustang?
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Spoke sternly to the car after work, disconnected the battery, squeezed myself under the dash and everything is back working again. I would like to say it was my autoelectircal ability but I didn't actually touch anything other than the flasher unit. Who cares, I now have stereo AM back (note to self ask Kerry about an 8-track tape) and indicators.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Hey Jacko, that's how indicators are supposed to behave working-not working-working! :poke: