So I upgraded to MSExtra 3.4.2

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: So I upgraded to MSExtra 3.4.2

Post by boofhead »

I think one of the major differences is that you have 2ms end pulse width which I have zero so this would explain a little in the differences in the graph. More than one way to skin a cat.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

hybrid wrote:Inject the Effie.. So much room in there
Goodnight sir.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Cool. My graphs are very different (25.5ms at 550 TPSdot) I think it is the other settings that have upset things. If the rain clears I will try your settings at lunch time.

I think I have the same injectors. (C5 Corvette)
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

boofhead wrote:I think one of the major differences is that you have 2ms end pulse width which I have zero so this would explain a little in the differences in the graph. More than one way to skin a cat.
Maybe I should save it then set all the ms to zero to see if it's actually doing anything :lol:
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Well I looked closer and there are several setting that are recommended to be zero now.
Look at the tool tips in Studio. So I have
End Pulse width: 0
Accel Times: 0.2 s
Accel Taper time: 0

Then the graph
TPS Dot Added
0 0.3
200 0.7
480 11.5
1000 15

My TPS Dot threshold is 20

So my settings are quite different.

Luke: I would expect your low movement Accel would need to be aggressive due to a lot of air coming in at low throttle positions. So low TPS threshold (like me maybe lower if TPS line noise is not a problem) and first entry would be higher than mine - more like Hybrid 2ms (rather than my 0.3). At low movement I would be to lean I would expect as Hybrid is pumping 2+2 trailing but you need a lot of movement before it starts. So a combination inspired by both.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I'm sure I remember sitting in the car and trying to replicate a normal movement of the throttle when you'd be taking off from a stop to see what the TPS %/s value was, but it's been a really long time and my memory ain't what it used to be.

I know that I found it much easier to get mine working using all TPS and no MAP.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Trying to get your TPSdot over 500 goes in the face of all common sense. Basically taking a runup at the pedal and stomping it.

My graphs were setup on 3.2.5 to be just above getting a lean misfire with my ITBs.

I did need to go richer on the top end of the graph to get more punch from a standing start.

The weather is looking pretty awful today so I don't know if I will get a chance to test.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

hybrid wrote:I'm sure I remember sitting in the car and trying to replicate a normal movement of the throttle when you'd be taking off from a stop to see what the TPS %/s value was, but it's been a really long time and my memory ain't what it used to be.

I know that I found it much easier to get mine working using all TPS and no MAP.
I am running it as 100% TPS as well. That is the normal approach though a
ITB might work better to use MAP for the low movement side as the MAPDot will be more obvious than a small TPS Dot change.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Ok I am going to give boof's settings a go but with more at the bottom end of the graph.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

So the rain hasn't let up. I've had a bit of a play in the garage bliping the throttle. I can see in the logs that using even boof's settings my car goes lean.

I've started playing with the accel time and that seems to be the key. Remember my car is an auto so it takes a little longer for engine speed to build than you manual guys. I've increased it to .8 from .2 and it seems happier. I'm going to have a snoop around the msextra forums now.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Let us know how you go - I will look at mine again some time.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

In your case I would mix in some MapDot which should work well for the fact you open your ITB setup and a rush of air jumps in - you have 2500 CFM (my guess) intake setup so that might work well. Most of it you can get close in your garage.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Well it is a vast improvement. Driving around and the odd blat with the car moving is sorted. It still bogs on a standing start but only for about .5 of a second instead of what felt like several seconds before. I think I just need to make the middle part of the tps graph more aggressive.

boof I'm not keen to throw MAPdot into the mix as yet. TPS is plenty responsive for the moment.

My next attempt will probably be Thursday.

One thing I've found with running ITBs is the motor tends to carbon up around town. It needs a highway run every now and then to clean it out.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

lukep6470 wrote: One thing I've found with running ITBs is the motor tends to carbon up around town. It needs a highway run every now and then to clean it out.
Good news - BTW: I feel sorry for you. What a pain to take the car for a blat down the highway. :lol:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Can you post your config now Luke?