Base for a new project

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Base for a new project

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
66STNG wrote:Sorry if that s offends, but. You guys disgust me, how can you sit there and talk about an Eleanor build without even a snifter of a mention for the all mighty OZ. Kerry has dedicated his life to the Eleanor.
What he does not know about these beautiful vehicles is not worth knowing.
Come on guy's please involve Oz...?
I mentioned him. Kerry loves em, as long as they are not grey like everyone elses. I personally would buy a new one, and forget the v8 I'd run bad ass Falcon Barra turbo, that way you dont need to change the front end to make it fit you can get new shell on the road with a modern engine. They get big numbers out those engines and they are reliable. It just doesn't sound like a V8.
I don't mind making the v8 fit. The local supercharged ones are making unbelievable numbers. With injectors/fuel pump, different pulley, exhaust and a tune they are making around the 600hp at the rear treads. Most are pulling around 420hp at the rears absolutely stock!
Speak to nick68. Hes fitted a coyote engine in his 68 and its fkn awesome. The thing screams. I love it. Wish i went down that path. Check out his project thread.

Mate if it feels good do it. New projects are exciting!!
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

gbx78 wrote: Mate if it feels good do it.
Words to live by. Even if it means driving down a footpath.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

No comment.

Been having too much fun in a 65 F/B to pollute my brain with cartoon cars ......... :lol:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Glad your having fun.

Footpath?
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Shaunp wrote:If you are going to hack it up for coyote why not buy a 1/2 solid Coupe there are a couple on ebay etc for less then 10k and replace 1/4s, top etc etc. Conversely if you are going to use a modern engine you could probably do it with a new shell, emissions is the biggest deal getting them complied. That Coshy on the moring show has Dyna corn 67 I think that mob at the gold coast built for him and it has an LS engine in it so then didnt have to cut the towers out of it.
The conversion from a hardtop to fastback would be more than buying a half decent car.

I believe Koshi's car has the LS engine because that was the only way to make it comply with the latest emission regs (the only way you can "legally" register a new shell, so it had to comply with the year it was completed).
Kerry

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:If you are going to hack it up for coyote why not buy a 1/2 solid Coupe there are a couple on ebay etc for less then 10k and replace 1/4s, top etc etc. Conversely if you are going to use a modern engine you could probably do it with a new shell, emissions is the biggest deal getting them complied. That Coshy on the moring show has Dyna corn 67 I think that mob at the gold coast built for him and it has an LS engine in it so then didnt have to cut the towers out of it.
The conversion from a hardtop to fastback would be more than buying a half decent car.

I believe Koshi's car has the LS engine because that was the only way to make it comply with the latest emission regs (the only way you can "legally" register a new shell, so it had to comply with the year it was completed).
Thats right and you dont have to cut the towers outs with a chev in it so its easier and cheaper thats why they did it, I recall him talking about the car on tv one day, he was laughing that it had a chev engine to fit a modular or coyote needs a Mustang 2 type front end. I guess putting a chev in a 67 is no different to putting one in a Model A or 32 , its just Hot rodding right. A Mate has not long done a GT40 replica it has a crate LS as well.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

ozbilt wrote:

Pretty sure from the photo's I've seen of that build it's not a complete new shell. Maybe not enough original one left to comply perhaps.
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Last edited by Shaunp on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Shaunp wrote:
ozbilt wrote:

Thats right and you dont have to cut the towers outs with a chev in it so its easier and cheaper thats why they did it, I recall him talking about the car on tv one day, he was laughing that it had a chev engine to fit a modular or coyote needs a Mustang 2 type front end. I guess putting a chev in a 67 is no different to putting one in a Model A or 32 , its just Hot rodding right. A Mate has not long done a GT40 replica it has a crate LS as well.
You all would know more than me about the car, I only have seen & heard on the net. I do not watch TV, hate it.

That hardtop to fastback conversion you linked would be spendy, couple of guys & probably 80 - 100 hours each to get it to the paint shop. So easily 20 - 25 K just in labour before buying & importing the parts. You still end up with a car with a hardtop VIN.
Kerry

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
ozbilt wrote:

You all would know more than me about the car, I only have seen & heard on the net. I do not watch TV, hate it.

That hardtop to fastback conversion you linked would be spendy, couple of guys & probably 80 - 100 hours each to get it to the paint shop. So easily 20 - 25 K just in labour before buying & importing the parts. You still end up with a car with a hardtop VIN.
You are doing well, I didn't even know he had a Mustang.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

He hasn't... he's got an abomination :poke:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Ive had a good chat to kochis when i met him at an event. The build or compliance wasnt as easy as it seemed but when you have money its not as stressfull as it would be for us plebs without it!! Not a fan but eac to their own i guess. As hybrid implied..some people like to drive on the roads..others footpaths :D
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

I tend to agree with you Hybrid. A ford should have a ford engine in it.?
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

I am with both of you. Ford in ford.

George you are opening up :worms:
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Thanks for help fellas. So far I've ruled out the coupe conversion.
Any comments to the car I posted that's advertised on ebay?