No emergency flashers

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: No emergency flashers

Post by rkmiller73 »

The last time I used this company's wiring harness they were a long time, well proven brand. The harness was flawless and worked great. They were bought by another company and I have had several issues including a couple of male connections when there should have been female and vise versa. Problem is it only had a 1 year warranty and by the time I got to actually plugging stuff in the issues became apparent.
I have been told that company sold to another company that is more dedicated to quality. However I should have checked the harness out against an original when I first got it.

I still don't know why after I got the connections cleaned up with power to the socket with the test light that the incandescent bulb would not work, but the LED one does.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Did they come with emergency flashers in 1967?

By this, do you mean hazard lights?

s
rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rkmiller73 »

Hazards - yes

There are two relay cans - one for turn signals and one for hazards. I forgot about the hazard light relay and since I am running all LED it needs an electronic relay can to work.
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

The reason you need to swap to an electronic (LED) flash unit is the standard indicator bulbs are 18 W so they draw 1.5 amps on a 12 V circuit (x2) while the LEDs only draw about 0.3 amps each and make a standard flash unit flash too fast because it is designed to flash at a certain rate with a set load. The LED flash unit flashes at a constant rate independent of load.
Last edited by Edz66Vert on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"