how not to assemble an engine

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: how not to assemble an engine

Post by Shaunp »

Chux wrote:Low investment engine bay there Shaun ?
Yeah thats right, thats a low investment temp 347, just to get the car going and sort the injection out, Ive got all the bits to build a much more aggressive 363 dart block, custom pistons, Forged nitrided crank , Scat comp sport H beam rods etc, to replace it with. Just reusing the heads.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Shaunp wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:Living vicariously through other people's wallets.... :spoton:
Not like I haven't spent any of my own.?
Still waiting patiently for some of my own to spend...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Chux
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Chux »

Shaunp wrote:
Yeah thats right, thats a low investment temp 347, just to get the car going and sort the injection out, Ive got all the bits to build a much more aggressive 363 dart block, custom pistons, Forged nitrided crank , Scat comp sport H beam rods etc, to replace it with. Just reusing the heads.
Injection looks awesome regardless- how high you planning on spinning the new build? Solid roller planned ?
Cheers

Craig
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Chux wrote:
Shaunp wrote:
Injection looks awesome regardless- how high you planning on spinning the new build? Solid roller planned ?
For the 363 I've a large HR custom made inverse radius roller cam from Jones cams in North Carolina to try, max power is 6900 rpm. If Im not happy with that I'll swap it to an Ian Woodward from Fataz comp engines, secret sauce cam, he uses in the Trans-am race engines but ground on a wider lobe centers to tame it a bit, Solid roller. The Trans-am cam will run to 7500+ which is where they rev limit them. The 351 TA engine make about 600hp or so.