holley sniper instal

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: holley sniper instal

Post by 123abc »

also the aeroflow pump iis very noisy but it stops once primed i have pre wired fan control and ac kick into the wiring to be hooked up at a later date which was supplied with a accessory cable you just remove the wire your not using from the plug so if you are going to do this i would recommend the aeroflow efi kit to go with the sniper kit as it seems to complete and work well together unless you are going in tank pump
smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by smh00n »

This is the Holley Sniper tank unit. It's made by Tanks, Inc. but sold as a Holley item.
I got inspired by your post to put it all together yesterday and the top fittings are a bit of a worry. For neatness I think I'd prefer the fittings under the tank.
And the return line drops right above the pump :wbash: so I will have to make up a pipe to move it away from the inbuilt reservoir. Pretty dumb system when you think about it.

123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

MAYBE PUT TOGETHER A FALSE FLOOR OUT OF PLY AND SIT ON SOME BLOCKS AROUND THE EDGE OF THE TANK so the floor sits above it and just clears. you would have thought they would make a retro fit one for the oem tank hole
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

123abc wrote:MAYBE PUT TOGETHER A FALSE FLOOR OUT OF PLY AND SIT ON SOME BLOCKS AROUND THE EDGE OF THE TANK so the floor sits above it and just clears. you would have thought they would make a retro fit one for the oem tank hole
I have a feeling that I saw one recently that is retro.
However, I'm not sure that the normal lock ring setup would really like the weight of a fuel pump hanging off it. I feel like it would be prone to leaking.

But there are also aftermarket tanks that are designed for EFI:
http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ ... prd345.htm

And also full EFI kits that include a new tank.
Last edited by hybrid on Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

123abc wrote:you would have thought they would make a retro fit one for the oem tank hole
Holley do one, it uses standard fuel sender hole.

Here
smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by smh00n »

The Holley Sniper tank Hybrid linked to is a Tanks Inc tank, just in a different box.
I looked at the fuel sender/pump set up after I bought the tank. Possibly a neater solution.

I might do the false floor thing 123 as the wiring for the sender is just totally exposed
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

it only needs to be sitting over the top i suppose .
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

bit of an update i will be looking for a quieter option for pump it is quite noisy while driving but i will sort it out in time
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Not a pretty sight but also worth noting the general consensuses is that you need an inertia switch to shut down the pump, is one supplied with this kit?.

http://1969stang.com/forum/index.php?/t ... t-happens/
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

if you mean one to stop fuel from pumping after a crash or hose failure i dont know
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

not my 1 st start vid will post it later i have to move the trigger wire to a more stable supply 12 off a relay anfd my iac is off but everything else seem ok
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

fixed my iac numbers wired in a relay for power and went for my 1st drive has improved it quite a lot, a little harsh at first but as it settled in and learned it got better with more ks on it the unit will learn a lot more need a big drive to let it do its thing as i said a bit unpredictable at first i still my need to back the timing off a little yet.
the pump is noisey as hell so i will get rid of that later but overall quite impressed
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

another note to remember put back seats before commenting on how loud the pump is , i got told today to mount the pump with an old shockie rubber between it and the plate i also will put some acoustic shield inside the rear seats see how that goes
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Is it recommended to run a pot with holleys efi system...?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

A pot of what