Eleanor Coupe? no it's a Super Coupe

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: Eleanor Coupe? no it's a Super Coupe

Post by tarafied1 »

I had the front-end aligned per dazecars.com recommended specs back in November of 07. We had to take the lower nose off to get it on the rack. The Firestone shop that did the car was really great, taking the time needed to do an old car. They spent a few hours on it. This was done before the header swap so it was a real pain in the rear. Image
anyway, the car handles a lt better than I thought it could with all that weight on the nose.
Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

I didn't build a trailer queen, it is driven. It's not a show car either. It has been built on a tight budget. I do take it to small shows and cruise-in type things. The biggest show was the 45th in Birmingham. I have a few pics from shows and stuff. I even drove it on the Hot Rod Power Tour.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Awesome build Craig , thanks for sharing :thumbs:
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

thanks for the compliments. I was so busy spamming I didn't see some replies. Yes I am glad I persisted and saved it from the crusher. I am glad you all like it. Some Mustang purists will not care for the Eleanor style and some don't like the coupes but I had a vision and it turned out better than I thought it would.
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

I like that saying, converting rust into something drivable!
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

welcome to the forum, glad you found your way across, brings back memories of watching you build the first time Craig. Even the eleanor boys always liked your build lol..

great looking coupe and a great story to run with it, real history in your car :thumbs:
Cheers,
j
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

donoauto wrote:Fark! Lot of work done , Craig. As I said in the MOCA forum , it's a real credit to you mate! Well done.
I just checked out your photo's. That is a sweet Fastback! I like the smoke show!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nice work mate.. you've done a great job.
We've seen plenty of horror USA restoration work over here, but yours is definitely not amongst them!
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

jusTANG wrote:welcome to the forum, glad you found your way across, brings back memories of watching you build the first time Craig. Even the eleanor boys always liked your build lol..

great looking coupe and a great story to run with it, real history in your car :thumbs:
Thanks Justin, nice of you to send me over here. Great bunch!!!
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

hybrid wrote:Nice work mate.. you've done a great job.
We've seen plenty of horror USA restoration work over here, but yours is definitely not amongst them!
Thanks, yeah I have seen some pretty messed cars too. Some people either looking for a quick dollar or just don't care!
I am an amateur and learned a lot with this car and my others as well. I have never had a lot of money so building myself is the only way I could have one and it's really been as much fun to build as it is to own.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

tarafied1 wrote:
jusTANG wrote:welcome to the forum, glad you found your way across, brings back memories of watching you build the first time Craig. Even the eleanor boys always liked your build lol..

Thanks Justin, nice of you to send me over here. Great bunch!!!
no it was nothing, I believe one should frequent many forums and since we went way back thought it was only fair to tell you the places i like to hang out and the guys i like to hang with. :grouphug:

now time to :cement: and get it all about the cars again :rotfl:
Cheers,
j
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Nice thread, I love it with the Shelby grille. That & the fact its not Pepper Grey makes it look very cool. It must have been very satisfying turning it from what it was to its present state. Also I love that it has a Big Block, all E cars should be BBs in my opinon.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

soc123_au wrote:Nice thread, I love it with the Shelby grille. That & the fact its not Pepper Grey makes it look very cool. It must have been very satisfying turning it from what it was to its present state. Also I love that it has a Big Block, all E cars should be BBs in my opinon.
more like the CR isn't it soc :poke:
Cheers,
j
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

jusTANG wrote:
soc123_au wrote:Nice thread, I love it with the Shelby grille. That & the fact its not Pepper Grey makes it look very cool. It must have been very satisfying turning it from what it was to its present state. Also I love that it has a Big Block, all E cars should be BBs in my opinon.
more like the CR isn't it soc :poke:
It is yes, Bloody Yanks stealing my ideas before I even had them :moon: :rotfl:
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

One of the coolest coupes I've seen :thumbs:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!