WARNING!! Concourse owners Do Not Open

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: WARNING!! Concourse owners Do Not Open

Post by Shaunp »

I'd also fit the the bonnet, to make sure the front edge of the plenum is at the correct height. Also a VH 40 doesn't give dual cct brakes.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Also LH toranas are a really short booster if you don't want to mod the fire wall to fit a Falcon one. Just use a holden Master and boster.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Another thought is you don't need the heater bulge unless you are fitting a factory 67 AC, if you just want a heater get an xy they are flat on the back.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Shaunp wrote:I'd also fit the the bonnet, to make sure the front edge of the plenum is at the correct height. Also a VH 40 doesn't give dual cct brakes.
You can have 2 , one under each fender.
I was actually pointing out that was what most XL-XP falcons use due to lack of space between firewall and shocktwr , not for the mustang. I can easily fit the mustang mastercyl recess in there with a 10mm metal overlap and spot weld all round , same with the heater bulge. But whats the point might aswell fabricate a flat firewall and fit these to it.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Shaunp wrote:Also LH toranas are a really short booster if you don't want to mod the fire wall to fit a Falcon one. Just use a holden Master and boster.
Woahoho! hold on whats this fitting holden stuff shaun? someone suggested Holden paint on my other thread :-D i know you got a dunydor heater box in yours , but thats ok it is hidden away and gets a kick with the foot every now and then :lol:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Yeh no cross breeding :rant:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Shaunp wrote:Another thought is you don't need the heater bulge unless you are fitting a factory 67 AC, if you just want a heater get an xy they are flat on the back.
I have XM , XR, XY heater and ZG fairlane heater aircon box . Also corolla and tarago ones whch are small and compact. Plenty of options.
If i was to fit this firewall , i would still buy new floor ext panels for a better end result , the old ones were rooted anyway.

These are all good points but its not set in concrete . It was more an exersice because i was curious , and was easy atm because the vert was stripped.
I have to look at resale with this one because i have cooked the books abit to buy it so may have to move it on when finished to pay for both the projects and then buy another project vert to keep in the future. Either way it is fairly easy and doable. I would rather buy a new firewall , cowl etc from the states and modify them but i may be a little impatient waiting for them , time will tell.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

scott66stang wrote:
Shaunp wrote:Also LH toranas are a really short booster if you don't want to mod the fire wall to fit a Falcon one. Just use a holden Master and boster.
Woahoho! hold on whats this fitting holden stuff shaun? someone suggested Holden paint on my other thread :-D i know you got a dunydor heater box in yours , but thats ok it is hidden away and gets a kick with the foot every now and then :lol:
It used to be called hot roding, before you could buy hotrods in a box, usin stuff from what ever car you can find I mean :)
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

well im pretty much doin the same thing but have a good surplus of Fords available :rotfl: