Acapulco blue project

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Acapulco blue project

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Is that your "wand" Steve??
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

soc123_au wrote:It looks ok. The quality of the welding & fabriction was very good. Its just that some stuff was in the wrong place and it hadnt been completed. I will get some pics of the drag link later & post them. You might know what it is.
Dont you need an X-ray certificate for the drag link over there? Or hasnt this been cut?
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

If cut and welded - indeed yes. It will include a number on the drag link that references the certificate and said number should be included in the paperwork.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

nassi wrote:
soc123_au wrote:It looks ok. The quality of the welding & fabriction was very good. Its just that some stuff was in the wrong place and it hadnt been completed. I will get some pics of the drag link later & post them. You might know what it is.
Dont you need an X-ray certificate for the drag link over there? Or hasnt this been cut?
Steve was talking about the sheet metal fabrication (we discussed this last Sat night). The drag link etc look untouched (whatever they are).
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

That brake pedal looks a bit on the short side, unless its the way its been photographed.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:
nassi wrote:
Steve was talking about the sheet metal fabrication (we discussed this last Sat night). The drag link etc look untouched (whatever they are).
If it's not touched and it is a falcon it will be too long. The box won't be in the centre when you are driving straight a head.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Shaunp wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
nassi wrote: Dont you need an X-ray certificate for the drag link over there? Or hasnt this been cut?
If it's not touched and it is a falcon it will be too long. The box won't be in the centre when you are driving straight a head.
Exactly
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Firewall finished, just needs some hifill then paint

Wipers were half missing & not converted apart from the upper plenum.

Pretty much ready for phase 2, whatever that may be.. :-)
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Eleanor number 2 here we go baby go! :headbang:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Well thanks to Steve....right hand drive conversion completed properly.
Its now back at the mechanics and is getting new wiring harness installed..opted for the hidden wiring.
Once wiring and engine is running it'll go back to Steve's for the Eleanor transformation.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Good decision on the wiring Bas. The engine bay will look nice & tidy. Also make sure you tell the sparky about the driving lights.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Eleanor lights arrived and are with the sparky for installation.
I bought them without the headlights. ...what's my options for really bright headlights.
The ones I have now on E1 suk
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Just tell him to wire it for whatever headlights. When I see your apron panel I will know whether you need 5 & 3/4" or 7" lights. We can get some H4s for it.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Anything will be brighter than your 40watter fog lights there lol I know if ur kit uses 7" headlights they use the 40series as headlights which is what you have and the 80series now discontinued and the original model for fog lights. Piaa have the 520 and 580 series which are ultra white and brighter than the old 40 and 80series. From memory piaa told me those series replaced the 80series... irrelavant info
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Wiring all done......almost got ripped off by sparky, but a few words and threats and the price magically dropped down by $1100 in 5 minutes!! :impatient:
It has now moved to another mechanic, don't want anything to do with them anymore :