Justang's X driver

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Justang's X driver

Post by TimR67 »

Cool pics.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Obviously the 66 did not go all that hard if you were caught by a HZ cop car ...... :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

Car was a friend of a mate that lives across the road. He saw the Muzzy in the Garage and was keen for a look. After a quick chat the photo idea came up. They were more then keen.
Its a replica Highway cop car. It had all the radio's etc in it too.
They were in Canberra for The third annual ‘Wall to Wall Ride for Remembrance’ with over 1200 police officers riding in honour of fallen colleagues and the cop car lead the convoy i was told.
more info here
http://www.walltowallride.com/

Oz, I was always taught to stop for police, no wonder I have got in so much trouble over the years.
Cheers,
j
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Love it, great pics. :thumbs:
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Very cool J.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

ozbilt wrote:Obviously the 66 did not go all that hard if you were caught by a HZ cop car ...... :rotfl:
His timing was off that day! :popcorn:
mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by mwizz »

That's the striping of the old SA Traffic patrol cars
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

Great pics.
:like:
I smell oranges !

Michael
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

mwizz wrote:That's the striping of the old SA Traffic patrol cars
Yes Mwizz mate and his friend are both SA ex highway patrol. Car is a SA car and came across.

I lived in SA for 6 years as a child, I remember the Blue police cars and when coming to Canberra thought white ones looked odd.
The guys were saying they changed to white around vl/vk era. Which would make a change mid to late 80's I suppose.
Cheers,
j
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

jusTANG wrote: The guys were saying they changed to white around vl/vk era. Which would make a change mid to late 80's I suppose.
SA VL hwy chaser's were still pale blue. Used to own one; that was the car you saw the pics of in the shed on Sunday. I refer to it as the dog magnet.
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

Hey Justang/Oz when refurbing the KH brakes, is any sealant/tape etc required on the flexible line thead into the caliper?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

bages wrote:Hey Justang/Oz when refurbing the KH brakes, is any sealant/tape etc required on the flexible line thead into the caliper?
No, but wet the thread with a touch of brake fluid.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

No wuckas thanks Oz :)
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

Wow after 3 years thought I should revive my car :smirk:

Back in March on the way to the Canberra mustang show, we were cruising past some Canberra iconic buildings when smoke started to billow out the rear. It was clear my tired C4 seals had finally given up and decided to coat the exhaust with ATF.
The seals were always seeping a little however the 7 months the car sat for while life got busy with a new directions and a small business did me nothing for the old tranny.
It was decided that we would rip it out and have it rebuilt with Nut's help. The Nut had a few things happening and I was in no rush and thought I could sell some Tickford premium brakes to fund rebuild, so I put the old girl back to bed at the folk's garage and awaited the call.
Time past and with my son having a year 6 graduation in December we decided it was time to pull the box and start the process.

Having never done this without the help of the machine who is JBB a list was made and sent for approval :cheers: a couple of little points were added and off I went.

Image[/img]

My old man has a good range of tools in his cave so it was decided to leave it there and drop the tranny. Finding these tools proved a little hard then most of the job. Nut's sent encouraging words along the way and wondered why an hour job took me and my drop by mate (thanks Moe) 5 or so hours. Box had been rebiult and painted at some stage of the cars life. No tags were found just casting numbers. A quick couple of happy snap with phone taken
Image[/img]

Image[/img]

So box was out and next was to drop it Nut's to strip. Job done Tuesday night and received the call Wednesday to collect it again. Now that's service with a smile and an offer of a cuppa :-)

This how it looked

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

A degrease and high pressure wash saw some of the paint come off

Image[/img]

Some research and a few calls and some debate on how best to tackle removing the paint we decided to stripper it. Enlisted the help of the young fella and away we went. Not so small or young that's my old t-shirt that almost fits him

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

We only used the paint brush on the first coat and let it sit for a while then high pressure washed it again. Tip for the day. Wear longs when using high pressure to was off paint stripper.

came up pretty well for the first effort I thought

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Another coat and used a nylon brush got almost the rest off and then it was time to scrub the decks to oil. House hold chores :-(

Image[/img]

New business stole the broom handles so had to improvise. Dylan deserved all his gaming time this weekend work like a little trooper

So back to it with a little steel wool, a little wire brush a wash and a blow dry
Image[/img]

Seemed to come up pretty good
Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Not 100% happy with some marks these are the best photo's to see what I am on about. Any tips happy to hear.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Now if there is no tip's to run it back to Nut's before our parts arrive for the rebuild
Cheers,
j
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Quote( Now if there is no tip's to run it back to Nut's before our parts arrive for the rebuild) ??

I have all the parts. Nice work by the way. If I need some stripping done (paint that is )i'll call you..
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic