Acapulco blue project

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Acapulco blue project

Post by Shaunp »

Must be good money in coffee, or you have a friendly bank manager Bas
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

gotohellgadafi wrote:Wiring all done......almost got ripped off by sparky, but a few words and threats and the price magically dropped down by $1100 in 5 minutes!! :impatient:
It has now moved to another mechanic, don't want anything to do with them anymore :

i hope thats the before pic !!! .. congrats.. i told you you shoulda moved on from that guy .. u never listen! :impatient: :poke: get more involved!!
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

gbx78 wrote:
gotohellgadafi wrote:Wiring all done......almost got ripped off by sparky, but a few words and threats and the price magically dropped down by $1100 in 5 minutes!! :impatient:
It has now moved to another mechanic, don't want anything to do with them anymore :

i hope thats the before pic !!! .. congrats.. i told you you shoulda moved on from that guy .. u never listen! :impatient: :poke: get more involved!!
Mate I'm happy to be the guy that just enjoys driving them...not interested in getting involved!
Hope that finally puts that to rest :)
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

In that case it might be advisable to be a little less vocal about "getting ripped off". If your not involved you may also not be informed therefore giving someone a bad wrap.
JMO
cheers.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

nassi wrote:In that case it might be advisable to be a little less vocal about "getting ripped off". If your not involved you may also not be informed therefore giving someone a bad wrap.
JMO
cheers.
Just cause I don't want to do the work myself doesn't mean I can't find out and do my homework on how much something should cost even as an estimate; the guy was way way off!
By the way I never mentioned anyone's name...so no one got a bad wrap even if they deserved to...if he was charging fairly in the first place he wouldn't have dropped the total by $1100 within 5minutes...anyway what's done is done..I've learnt to vent and move on. :coat:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Project coming along nicely, just need advice on any preferred headers or extractors to suit a 302?...I have taken a couple of photos to show clearances etc:

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

There are only a few types that will fit with an XF box, 4 into 1 Pacmakers with 1 1/2 primaries, or Castle Headers make some nice 1 5/8, 4 to 1s also make some Tri Y with 1 5/8 primaries

Both are often on ebay, similar price for all 3 sets, Castles go for about $670 about $300 extra if you want them ceramic coated

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CASTLE-4-INT ... 356wt_1018
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Thanks Shaun....
Is there any major differences between them in regards to the note they make? i.e not too fussed about HP etc..more interested in getting a lumpy note...hope I've explained it properly.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Also, I've read the following:

"Tri-Y headers will give you more pull in the low to mid rev ranges than 4 into 1 headers will which will give you more up top"

What's your view on that?
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

gotohellgadafi wrote:Also, I've read the following:

"Tri-Y headers will give you more pull in the low to mid rev ranges than 4 into 1 headers will which will give you more up top"

What's your view on that?
Tri Y will give the most room, but 4 in1 is really the better set of pipes, price is the same, from Castlemain headers for each. The cam and the rest of the pipes will give most of the note,. in real terms. Id get the 4-1s never know when you may want more power, with a better engine. Castle claim you can re angle the colectors and they will fit a 351 as well, makes it a little future proof.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Cool...thanks for the tips.
I do listen...sometimes :)
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

after searching around for a while, I ended up with these:Image

They ended up fitting perfectly:

Hoping to crank it over tomorrow or Wednesday after the engine gets wired.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Were they the ones hanging at syd mustang parts..mine are heddman headers too but 4 into 1 shorties

Goodstuff..hopefully she cranks!! Video it!!
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

gbx78 wrote:Were they the ones hanging at syd mustang parts..mine are heddman headers too but 4 into 1 shorties

Goodstuff..hopefully she cranks!! Video it!!
ye G! got them from SMP, and are 4 into 1s.

Can't wait, it's finally coming together....I'll definitely video it :popcorn:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

on another topic, so what would you say if someone wanted to get into your mustang in these?!?!: