Acapulco blue project

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Acapulco blue project

Post by boofhead »

Whats the part no on those headers. I have run heddmen on my Cougar before the RHD conversion. Did not fit after - to hard to modify so used some modified pacemakers 4:1s. My Tri-Y needed minor changes to fit the RHD so I am interested in the part no for future reference - no modifications 4:1 headers that fit RHD conversion. Interested I am.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

gotohellgadafi wrote:on another topic, so what would you say if someone wanted to get into your mustang in these?!?!:

I would throw on some heavy duty canvas scotch guarded seat covers, a cat of nine tails, handcuffs and say "jump aboard you Nasty Biatch" :drool:

Customer of yours???
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

gotohellgadafi wrote:on another topic, so what would you say if someone wanted to get into your mustang in these?!?!:

Just in those?? ..thats a no brainer..hell yes!!
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

How about a head job!

Is that going to far. Hope she is not your wife Bas. If so I apologise, if not I stand by my comment.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Hey Bas can you take a picture of those pipes in the steering box side please? Interested to see how much room there is.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

cage wrote:

How about a head job!

Is that going to far. Hope she is not your wife Bas. If so I apologise, if not I stand by my comment.
Hehe...no my wife would never those...it was a customer.
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Shaunp wrote:Hey Bas can you take a picture of those pipes in the steering box side please? Interested to see how much room there is.
Hey Shaun, will be visiting the mechanic on Friday, will take photos then and get the part number.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

gotohellgadafi wrote:
Shaunp wrote:Hey Bas can you take a picture of those pipes in the steering box side please? Interested to see how much room there is.
Hey Shaun, will be visiting the mechanic on Friday, will take photos then and get the part number.
Thank you.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

boofhead wrote:
gotohellgadafi wrote:
Thank you.
I looked up the part # on the Sydney Mustang site, but couldn't find them on the Hedman site. I have to buy a set of something very soon, was going to get Castle 1-5/8 4-1 pipes but if these fit and are already HPC coated they are better value.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Give them a call..they were hanging on the wall with rhd headers label. They were around 500. Speak to peter
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Give them a call..they were hanging on the wall with rhd headers label. They were around 500. Speak to peter

Boofhead
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

26 mins later you post the same message? Bord at work are we?
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

whoopsie .. damm optus! actually it may have been because i clicked submitt and then closed the app (samsung) and it probably submitted the post then i reopened it about 30mins later which probably tried to continue posting it!

i have some info anyway .. i called Peter as i figured there would be more info required other than model number:

SMP took mockups over to Heddmans in the states to make these specifically for RHD cars for them. They are ceramic coated.

However, they do not fit R&P but will fit standard steering, auto or manual .. HOWEVER they do not fit AOD's only C4's and smaller gb's

They have a few 289/302 ones and also some Big Block ones. They are 695 for the 289/302 ones

Hope this helps.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

George, Excellent research and very good to know. Thanks.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Hmmm but I forgot to ask what size collectors but bas can measure it for you. Peter did say something about they are correctly tapered flanges (like a ball end) which if its like my heddmans its probably the same.

Boofhead