The Ironsteed project

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: The Ironsteed project

Post by moe »

Foresight wrote:Have you got a strong injected 5.0 in mind jbb? I'm still trying to nail down what base engine to start with...I'm thinking a 5.0 from an AU

I'm liking the instant response/power curve of the twin screw over the centri but haven't driven both so it's hard to say. Anyone experienced both?
I'd still be tempted to look at the new 5.0 coyote motor in the GS and GT falcons...

What is the budget on this build???

Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Re: The Ironsteed project

Post by Foresight »

The coyote would be a no brainer if it would fit without major fabrication work. Basically want to be able to run the stock suspension setup with a power rack and still be able to work on stuff in the engine bay/fit everything a daily driver needs.

The plan for the build is daily driver type power (lots of it :drool:), daily driver reliability and general awesomeness.

As for the builds budget, a old guy once told me that these cars shouldn't be built to budgets. So basically the build will be planned and then the planned price range dictates if its viable or not at the time. Basically the car will define the budget and not the other way around. It doesn't mean that there is no budget it just means that a realistic car will be built at a realistic budget.

Found this pretty cool comparison between engine sizes.

Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!