66 Coupe

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

mwizz
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: 66 Coupe

Post by mwizz »

very nice
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Thats some solid looking LCAs...
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

It's all Street or Track gear, got their strut rods going on too. I may have to go with their big spindle kit for extra strenght, that ones a wait and see.
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

Sized and priced brakes today fronts are now this
with this rotor
in a 17" wheel
Chadd

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ChilliChadd wrote:It's all Street or Track gear, got their strut rods going on too. I may have to go with their big spindle kit for extra strenght, that ones a wait and see.
Extra strenght ! what are you planing to do with it?
Doesn't matter what brakes you have once you lock the wheels it's all over and your heading toward the trees. Having said that it is a quick way around the hair pin at Mt cotton hill climb. Lock the brakes, turn the wheel, smash the throttle, and you are heading back up the hill, takes brave pills though. But the whole lap is all over in less than 60 seconds in a good car , same as most historic street sprints, you don't need much brakes. Murwillumbah is about the longest, Sprint. Noosa is a long hill climb. You blokes have more brakes than I will race mine with.
If you are buying Street & track you really only want the top arm, it is shorter this is what gives the camber gain not the lower. Stock lower arm is perfectly fine, at worst weld a plate to the bottom of it like RRS do to make it stronger. Camber gain is what a shelby drop does, the rest is caster that makes them steer.
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

A few track days once I have it all sorted. Have a TCP upper arm already Shaun with the dropped shaft, so that part taken care of, the lower arm not that much so thought why not mate that to the Street or Track adjustable strut rod
Chadd

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Nice Chadd i like where your going, i think a bit of the recent rallys you have been attending is rubbing off.

Shaun , some of us just like the WANK factor, i know i do :joy:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

scott66stang wrote:Nice Chadd i like where your going, i think a bit of the recent rallys you have been attending is rubbing off.

Shaun , some of us just like the WANK factor, i know i do :joy:
Yep hanging around these race cars is not good for the bank balance, but hey I'm smiling :-D and yes I'm one for the wank factor, hell if I didn't I'd drive a Hundi Getz. It's all about looking and feeling good :joy:
Chadd

Heidelberg
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Heidelberg »

Hey Chad...We've got numbers 64 & 65 - I think a large number 66 on the side of your door would look good!! :)
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

My bank balance isn't that deep :(
Chadd

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ChilliChadd wrote:My bank balance isn't that deep :(
how about your pockets then?????? :-D
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

nassi wrote:
ChilliChadd wrote:My bank balance isn't that deep :(
how about your pockets then?????? :-D
deep pockets short arms mate!
Chadd

ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

All parts are now paid for and the best thing is they're in stock. :joy: A big thanks to Paul from 64 Enterprises here in Perth, helping me pick the correct parts. :thumbs: I could've spent more, but had to keep my excitement under control.
Fitting will be late June now, busy the next few Saturdays and then off on holidays for a few weeks.
Chadd

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

It is developing into quite a weapon. I love the dash, I was looking at the 67/68 one. If I hadnt already sent my original tach dash off for a reco I would have got one for mine.

Whats left after the brakes?
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

soc123_au wrote:It is developing into quite a weapon. I love the dash, I was looking at the 67/68 one. If I hadnt already sent my original tach dash off for a reco I would have got one for mine.

Whats left after the brakes?
A nice big bore 347 is the idea, 4.125 bore dart block with 3.25 stroke, I'm not chasing huge HP numbers but I do want good torque. The gearbox is the next question. Stay with the 3spd top loader and fit a gear vendors overdrive or go for a 5spd, purchase cost is similar but need to make sure they can both handle the torque.
Chadd