Chinese Hoists

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Re: Chinese Hoists

Post by jusTANG »

We were talking, why did u go 32 not 46 mid range?
Cheers,
j
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Coz it was there and it makes the hoist go up and down..
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

I have a couple of questions regarding the clear floor 2 post hoist. (GL3.52E1)

Are there two different lengths of arms? If so JBRUCEM1 is missing a long arm.

Is this model equipped with one ram and a pulley and cable system to operate the other post or is there a ram in each post?

thanks
69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

Yes there are 2 different size arms and yes it is operated by 2 rams if my memory is any good
A word of advise....Never get into a sword fight with Steve.....He has some slick moves!!!
Sorry that should read SICK moves!!!
69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

All the "spare" arms are the long ones also
A word of advise....Never get into a sword fight with Steve.....He has some slick moves!!!
jonn
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jonn »

Hi Steve,

JBRUCEM1's dad contacted me today, and their hoist only has one ram. Is there a ram looking for a home?

regards
J
69Boss
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69Boss »

Give me a ring John 0418696322
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

28 June. Thats the day I asked a simple question about hoists!!!
I would just like to thank all those involved in getting all this together for those of us who have NFI, me being one of them. To Kerry and Steve for all the groundwork they did, and in organizing the whole deal. I hope they even made some money out of it, and if the lost any, I for one are happy to pay some extra to make it right.
To those that put their money up when asked, to those that orgaized the freight to get them out to the new owners, and a special thanks to Mike in Adelaide who picked up my hoist and stored it for me till I could get to pick it up.
One day I hope I can meet these guys, shake their hand, buy them a beer and say thankyou in person. Job well done by all!!!!!!!!!!
Thankyou
Adrian
Will post up some pics on the weekend, as its up and running. Oh, and in case your wondering, like I was. The short arms go to the front of the car!!!
Last edited by 69candy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Don't thank me, I just organize the China trips (OK I have been to that factory a couple of times).

Steve, Barry & Rob did the deal & got them here.

Well done guys .... :like:

BTW, the container full of windows & doors arrives at Duggo tomorrow .... :cheers:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ozbilt wrote:Don't thank me, I just organize the China trips (OK I have been to that factory a couple of times).

BTW, the container full of windows & doors arrives at Duggo tomorrow .... :cheers:
it will be 37deg tomorrow!!!! i wanted to come help you with this but i cant tomorrow as i have a few appointments during the day and at 6pm .. but if you have the container there over the weekend i will come to help you sat or sun
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

gbx78 wrote:
ozbilt wrote:Don't thank me, I just organize the China trips (OK I have been to that factory a couple of times).

it will be 37deg tomorrow!!!! i wanted to come help you with this but i cant tomorrow as i have a few appointments during the day and at 6pm .. but if you have the container there over the weekend i will come to help you sat or sun
Only arriving today, not unloading. That can wait until you arrive ..... :poke:

I will need your strength George as they weigh 35kg per square meter. Some are up to 8 square meters in size, the smaller ones are doubled up in the shipping crates.

I think Steven, Simon & Carol will be here, so there will be lots of pointing & suggesting going on ........ ;) :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Thanks Adrian, It was a great learning experience for us & was the catalyst we needed to have a go at importing. We had been talking about doing something but it was difficult to work out firstly what to import, then try & deal with the logistics of it all. Once you posted about hoists & there was a bit of interest then that at least solved issue number one. On the dollars side side of things I stuffed up & forgot to calculate GST when I worked out the prices. Not sure how I let that through but you get that. Overall it worked out alright anyway as we filled the container with more hoists & Pizza Ovens (Thread coming soon ;-)) So we will end up a few bucks in front by the time we sell all the other stuff. The extra hoists are priced differently & so far are selling quite well.

The experience has been invaluable to me personally & without the interest from the forum we would most likely still be struggling with step 1. Also as it is with most experiences you get to meet & deal with some really good people. The people at the China end of the deal have been great, it is a different world over there and I really enjoy dealing with the people. I went back over there a few days after the container cleared & both the Manager from the hoist factory & the oven factory sent a car to my hotel to pick me up (separate days) They both took me out to lunch & they wanted feedback on their service & products. It is refreshing to deal with people like that. I actually now consider them friends. Shelley (hoist factory) is trying to get to Australia this year & may stay with us for a few days. The only trouble with that will be that I will likely end up with Barry, Rob, Mike & Kerry camped on my front lawn hoping to catch a glimpse of he in her PJs as she is smokin.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

ozbilt wrote:
gbx78 wrote:

I will need your strength George as they weigh 35kg per square meter. Some are up to 8 square meters in size, the smaller ones are doubled up in the shipping crates.

I think Steven, Simon & Carol will be here, so there will be lots of pointing & suggesting going on ........ ;) :rotfl:
Simon picked a great time to do his ankle. Tough sport is indoor Netball :outtahere:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ozbilt wrote:
gbx78 wrote:

I can come on Sat or sunday .. just let me know which day suits .. and ill come early and on the right motorway :D this time.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

The other important thing we learned is when bringing in a container full of stuff, make sure it doesnt land the week leading into Christmas. Especially when you will be out of the country for the 2 weeks following. Thank God, Allah, Buddah & any other gods I have overlooked that Jon sorted the freight for the hoists going around Australia. I would have been a blubbering mess without his assistance on that front.