Caddy Wacked

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by scott66stang »

JC074 wrote:Dude congrats on the licensing of the beast! Love how its going... is the fasty still floating around?
Yep just floating on the 4 post hoist above the Jag :lol:
Think im going to put that open plan caravan back together next and sell it, should get me about 7k back in the bank and free up more space.
Last edited by scott66stang on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

scott66stang wrote:
JC074 wrote:Dude congrats on the licensing of the beast! Love how its going... is the fasty still floating around?
Think im going to put that open plan caravan back together next and sell it should get me about 7k back in the bank and free up more space.
So where's the Jag at???
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

scott66stang wrote:These are ones i loaded up last night but i think i like it CADDY50 rather than 50CADDY the 5 sort of looks like a S SOCADDY

Slimline
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Full
ImageImage
3/4
ImageImageImage
Just my 2cents - I don't think that the coloured plates suit a car of the 50s, my choice would be the "full" B&W 50CADDY.

Over here the personalised plates cost about $440 per year, I hate paying that much so 65CRZN in B&W for my coupe at $90per year is fine.

Personal taste at the end of the day.

Cheers

John
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I like black plates best too.
I am just looking at different colour options to maybe put over the california plates leaving the red script showing or using the 3/4 ones as they are like US size.

Maybe i should just stick with black and hang the California plates on the wall.

Last edited by scott66stang on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

mikes68 wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
Think im going to put that open plan caravan back together next and sell it should get me about 7k back in the bank and free up more space.
So where's the Jag at???
Just boot lid needs paint and spongy brakes i havent looked into yet, cheap car with no rego and not really important atm.
However the EL Fairlane, our second daily driver is being used by to the youngest daughter to tow the horse float atm as her Triton has done a valve that i need to fix and her Celica that i just put a brand new distributor in broke down yesterday and tonight. The old distributor was working but was leaking oil through the shaft into the cap even after a new seal 6mths ago.
I suspect the new dizzy is faulty after having it and the old one in and out a few times today.
Really frockin busy atm :rant:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

On the weekend i modified a XY Falcon 4 barrel air filter to suit the Caddy 2 barrel without wrecking it too much so it can be used on a Falcon again. Bit of a Hybrid using the lid of a Tarago air filter and the spare tyre wing nut from a Celica.
The Engine is alot quieter now and looks better than that pod filter that was on top. It will do nicely until i find the correct filter online.

TimR67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by TimR67 »

Well done on getting the Caddy on the road Scott, maybe one day your mustangs will follow the same path.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Why don't you mount the Cali plate in the back window somehow. Seen that before and it looks good in my opinion.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

cage wrote:Why don't you mount the Cali plate in the back window somehow. Seen that before and it looks good in my opinion.
Will keep that in mind but may just make a wall display along with my Blue and yellow Mustang ones.

Think i will just go back to my first choice in slimline, says what i want and takes up less area. Can also go slim on front normal on rear.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

TimR67 wrote:Well done on getting the Caddy on the road Scott, maybe one day your mustangs will follow the same path.
It will get there, just need a day to study it and work out where i left off, and work out what i want
with the finished look of the dash/console and gauges and then run the wiring to suit.

My first priority is to modify the tank and get the electric fuel pump in so i can start the motor.
Last edited by scott66stang on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

scott66stang wrote:On the weekend i modified a XY Falcon 4 barrel air filter to suit the Caddy 2 barrel without wrecking it too much so it can be used on a Falcon again. Bit of a Hybrid using the lid of a Tarago air filter and the spare tyre wing nut from a Celica.

See!!! never throw ANYTHING out :) Scott you are the McGyver of the forum :rotfl:
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Cruzn65 wrote:
scott66stang wrote:On the weekend i modified a XY Falcon 4 barrel air filter to suit the Caddy 2 barrel without wrecking it too much so it can be used on a Falcon again. Bit of a Hybrid using the lid of a Tarago air filter and the spare tyre wing nut from a Celica.

See!!! never throw ANYTHING out :) Scott you are the McGyver of the forum :rotfl:
I get a giggle when i do something like that, always think of the comments on here about not throwing anything out. :lol:
Btw i will throw out the rest of the Tarago air cleaner now, its good for nothing now. :lol:
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

scott66stang wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:

I get a giggle when i do something like that, always think of the comments on here about not throwing anything out. :lol:
Btw i will throw out the rest of the Tarago air cleaner now, its good for nothing now. :lol:
good work mate, think of the landfill you have saved! who says V8 drivers aren't green :)

when are you going to paint it black, each to their own of course and I know black is the :moon: of colurs but on this beast with white walls it would truly look a caddy... just my 2 cents
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Cruzn65 wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:

good work mate, think of the landfill you have saved! who says V8 drivers aren't green :)

when are you going to paint it black, each to their own of course and I know black is the :moon: of colurs but on this beast with white walls it would truly look a caddy... just my 2 cents
No plans to paint any time soon, maybe after the Fastback is on the road, but either way it will be in good sanding and painting weather Autumn or Spring when its not too hot or cold. Happy to drive as is for now.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

and you do get to drive it now thats best bit..... :like: