67 Convertibuild

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 67 Convertibuild

Post by scott66stang »

blkpny wrote:from what I heard, Salva had a guy buy the lot in a Job Lot, so he is a pretty happy boy about now!
That Mustang is worse than this one, not roof frame, no driveline, will be more expensive than this one.
Yeah but driveline isnt a problem for me, got heaps to choose from. Apart from the roof frame and bonnet i would still be replacing the same items and panels . I would still need to chase up another full set of convertible seats , get inside trim etc as i am with this one. I would get it and load it up with all the parts if i had the cash , doesnt scare me at all. :-D

As far as the build goes , all the panels and parts are on a ship bound for WA atm , along with Dynamics Coupe , and Chadds parts for his vert and coupe. Any spare time is going on the fastback atm :thumbs:
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

scott66stang wrote: As far as the build goes , all the panels and parts are on a ship bound for WA atm , along with Dynamics Coupe , and Chadds parts for his vert and coupe. Any spare time is going on the fastback atm :thumbs:
And I cant wait coil overs, new chrome :drool:
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

any idea of an ETA scott? and did that f100 sell?
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Dynamic wrote:any idea of an ETA scott? and did that f100 sell?
No idea about ETA , i have mentioned it twice in emails. I asked about the F100 and other cars and he didnt mention it was sold just that the white vette was pending and chevy truck was sold so proberly still available.
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

ETA mid December, will know more once it leaves Singapore
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

ChilliChadd wrote:ETA mid December, will know more once it leaves Singapore
so the boats in singapore now?
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
ChilliChadd
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ChilliChadd »

On it's way to Singapore, then container changes ships and heads to Freo. Ken said he'd send me the name of the ship once it leaves Singapore.
Chadd

_______________COUPDUP_______________
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

I believe it left 3 weeks ago wherever that puts it...
nice work on the vert Scott I wish I had the time, space and more importantly the balls to have a go at this stuff.... well done I'm impressed
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

Your either crazy or... well crazy! That's much worse than mine was and I thought I was out of my mind! Nice work and pretty cool that Falcon firewall fits so well. Great work!
Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

tarafied1 wrote:Your either crazy or... well crazy! That's much worse than mine was and I thought I was out of my mind! Nice work and pretty cool that Falcon firewall fits so well. Great work!
Thanks Craig , I think.... mine looks worse, but there is a crazier dude on here Mike68 , who with limited tools and knowledge has stripped his 68 convertible to nothing like is was a whore.

http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... t=168.html
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

scott66stang wrote:
tarafied1 wrote:Your either crazy or... well crazy! That's much worse than mine was and I thought I was out of my mind! Nice work and pretty cool that Falcon firewall fits so well. Great work!
Thanks Craig , I think.... mine looks worse, but there is a crazier dude on here Mike68 , who with limited tools and knowledge has stripped his 68 convertible to nothing like is was a whore.

http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... t=168.html
I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!

:rotfl: Remember though Scott... Stripping is the easy bit, I do still have to get it back together :shrug:
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

you both amaze me so keep it up I look forward to reading all your threads both of you :cheers:
Cheers,
j
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

U and Mike both amaze me .
Ur both freaks !
I wish I had some some sort of skill in this sort of shit.
Great thread( and Mikes).
tarafied1
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by tarafied1 »

you all got skills! That vert build is impressive and the coupe chopmgw, very nice! Wow, just wow!!!
Married to Tara, that makes me the TARA-fied 1!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Picked up my parts order for the vert and fastback the other day. Late Xmas pressy and very insperational. The 2.5"Magna flow stainless system is for my Fastback. Now the fun begins all over again :-D

A convertible rear seat i was missing, i got on ebay in the US $125, unfortunately it then cost me a further $250 postage and then whatever it cost to import here with my other goods. Proberly owes me $500 now, which is what i expected.
Its got a good frame so thats the main thing and its getting recovered in white trim.