does this look right?

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

mustang_joe
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Re: does this look right?

Post by mustang_joe »

I wasnt having a go at you Ken, actually have heard nothing but good about you.. all the charges seem the norm.. just merely stated that shipping info is usually available when the booking is made, in your case when you have 200+ cars waiting to be shipped, what a handful...!! Dont want your job,,,!!!
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

200 cars! whoa that sounds like a task and a half! puts things in perspective
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

ken123 wrote:WOW!!!!!! im amazed im getting crucified over exporting too early usually its the other way round guys pay me for shipping then expect the car to leave a and be landed within days!!

I have always told people that I am not responsible for the Au charges and cannot give solid price only guide from my experiance when living in Au.

As ozbilt has kindly mentioned the warehouse has over 200 hundred cars goin through it franks car was shipped at that time no denying that but because of it being standard not messed with i knew it would get approval well in time im sorry guys i may be alot of things but stupid im not I dont intentinally go out my way to give myself headaches!! any cars that are modified or could raise a red flag are held till approval is issued!!

parts are shipped as a "courtesy" when shipping cars through me please remeber that!it is not fair on either my shipper to hold up a booked container or to my other clients that their cars cannot leave because we are waiting for parts!

Frank please remembr that we had trouble with your emails being bounced back to me also ,proof of that was even emailed to you !!

Tristan I have emailed you everytime you have a asked me question no matter how big or small!!

Frank please remember the project car you did want me to veiw comapered to the one you purchased no feeor tow charges etc and by miles a better car,and as mentioned to you any parts could go to you in the next container at NO charge!

I now consider the matter aired from both sides,regards ken
Ken, I was just stating the facts.

If there is something I said that is not true, then please correct me.

I was concerned with the car shipping before I had the VIA, and I expressed that concern to you at the time. I dont believe I indicated to you at any stage that I was in a hurry to get the car.

You went out of your way to update Tristans post to say that you kept him informed all the way - my reply was to initially say that was not my experience. I have a few unanswered emails to you still. Maybe it was due to an email issue. I'm not going to worry now.

Other than that I wanted to give advice to others to research all the costs.
I did qualify my statement that I will reserve final judgement when I get the car and I trust you that the car will be of good quality.

At no point did I suggest to people not to use you as a shipper/purchaser.

Thanks.
Frank.
1970 Mustang Fastback 302 Toploader
1964 Ford Galaxie 500 Sedan 289 C4
1970 Chevrolet El Camino 350 Father/Son project
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Looks like everything has been explained here, ken is a very honest bloke and if there is a small amount of missed or missunderstood comunication it would not of been intensional, but it should be understood that we are only human and mistakes can be made. Im not saying this has happened, im just saying if anyone says they have never made mistakes in there job whether it effected others or not , they would be lieing.
I will chat to Ken and ask him not to leave, i know there are other importers but Ken is one that i know can be trusted which is an asset IMO , also he supplies us with alot of eyecandy in the "KensKoolKars" and "Mustangs For Sale" threads. :thumbs:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote:Looks like everything has been explained here, ken is a very honest bloke and if there is a small amount of missed or missunderstood comunication it would not of been intensional, but it should be understood that we are only human and mistakes can be made. Im not saying this has happened, im just saying if anyone says they have never made mistakes in there job whether it effected others or not , they would be lieing.
I will chat to Ken and ask him not to leave, i know there are other importers but Ken is one that i know can be trusted which is an asset IMO , also he supplies us with alot of eyecandy in the "KensKoolKars" and "Mustangs For Sale" threads. :thumbs:
+ 1 :thumbs:

That is from one that has seen the size of the operation there & seen how busy/stressed he can be. He is not at the computer all day, mainly on the phone & running around all over the place.

Most of you are importing 1 car & that is the world to you, imagine his end trying to deal with all of you (& me!) getting this stuff loaded & out of there. Not for the feint of heart...
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

Ken, I should not of used the word "unanswered" in regards to emails. You are correct in saying that you did answer all my emails. What I meant was your very busy and sometimes it takes a bit for you to respond. I mean no disrespect. You have been amazing during the process and I'm happy to tell everyone I know that you have. You will be recommended everytime
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

scott66stang wrote:Looks like everything has been explained here, ken is a very honest bloke and if there is a small amount of missed or missunderstood comunication it would not of been intensional, but it should be understood that we are only human and mistakes can be made. Im not saying this has happened, im just saying if anyone says they have never made mistakes in there job whether it effected others or not , they would be lieing.

Well Scott , maybe that's part of my point - by Ken's own admission - he routinely ships cars that are standard/unmodified prior to approval. Nothing to do with a mistake. Mine was not the first and wont be the last. I just hope that someone doesn't get caught out and pays a heavy price.
I can only assume it is part of the shipping business to do that.

I was starting to regret replying to this post because it wasn't my intention to alienate Ken, but if nothing else I hope at least people are aware that there is a chance that their car will be shipped prior to approval being granted - even with honest and trustworthy guys like Ken.

And dont get me wrong - I still do believe that Ken is an honest and trustworthy guy and would possibly use him again.

Cheers,
Frank.
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Frank70 wrote:

Well Scott , maybe that's part of my point - by Ken's own admission - he routinely ships cars that are standard/unmodified prior to approval. Nothing to do with a mistake. Mine was not the first and wont be the last. I just hope that someone doesn't get caught out and pays a heavy price.

I was starting to regret replying to this post because it wasn't my intention to alienate Ken, but if nothing else I hope at least people are aware that there is a chance that their car will be shipped prior to approval being granted - even with honest and trustworthy guys like Ken.

And dont get me wrong - I still do believe that Ken is an honest and trustworthy guy and would possibly use him again.

Cheers,
Frank.
Understood Frank, but he has also got cars into Australia that others said wouldnt get in, i almost pulled the trigger on Matts ute myself, so i believe he knows what he is doing. Each to there own but if i brought a car from the US i would want it asap but thats just me. Initial cost of the car would be a variant on risk.

There is a few other thing that i think should be clarified for everyone, and dont take my word for it, and correct me if wrong because i only know from personal and others experience.
Just because you have a car come over it doesnt mean you get free shipping etc on parts, even if just loose unboxed items inside the car it has to be proven it was part of the initial purchase of the vehicle, sometimes you can get away with it, someone still needs to be paid to load or stack the parts in and outside the car. Also the container can get xray'd for non declared items and customs will also pick it up when unpacked and all duties , agents costs etc has to be paid.
Another thing Australia is a very minor part of Kens Operation Europe the majority, and he has hung around purely to help us out trying to keep costs down and doesnt need any extra crap happening.
I advertise his cars because i asked if i could for the benefit of the forum as it is easier for him just email the pics. I then copy them to my computer, then load them on photobucket and then make the posts, very time consuming. I get nothing out of it.

I have no hard feelings here and am not angry at anyone for telling as it is, the internet also often gets misinterpreted, there is nothing better than a face to face discussion.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

scott66stang wrote:
Frank70 wrote:

Cheers,
Frank.
Understood Frank, but he has also got cars into Australia that others said wouldnt get in, i almost pulled the trigger on Matts ute myself, so i believe he knows what he is doing. Each to there own but if i brought a car from the US i would want it asap but thats just me. Initial cost of the car would be a variant on risk.

There is a few other thing that i think should be clarified for everyone, and dont take my word for it, and correct me if wrong because i only know from personal and others experience.
Just because you have a car come over it doesnt mean you get free shipping etc on parts, even if just loose unboxed items inside the car it has to be proven it was part of the initial purchase of the vehicle, sometimes you can get away with it, someone still needs to be paid to load or stack the parts in and outside the car. Also the container can get xray'd for non declared items and customs will also pick it up when unpacked and all duties , agents costs etc has to be paid.
Another thing Australia is a very minor part of Kens Operation Europe the majority, and he has hung around purely to help us out trying to keep costs down and doesnt need any extra crap happening.
I advertise his cars because i asked if i could for the benefit of the forum as it is easier for him just email the pics. I then copy them to my computer, then load them on photobucket and then make the posts, very time consuming. I get nothing out of it.

I have no hard feelings here and am not angry at anyone for telling as it is, the internet also often gets misinterpreted, there is nothing better than a face to face discussion.
+1 Scott... I didn't mean to start anything off or suggest anything wrong in my original response to Tristan
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

Hi Scott,

I never expected free shipping on parts - I wanted some parts that were large (an SS bonnet) that would be expensive to ship over seperately. I asked Ken and he said yes - no probs. Then before I could organise it, the car was put in a container. I didn't cause Ken any grief over it. I did manage to get some wheels in with the car and was happy with that. Ken did say he would ship the bonnet in another container, but I was waiting for confirmation. Maybe there was a misunderstanding there - I didn't go ahead and order it anyway until hearing back from him and I never did. No big deal.

you go on to say this :

"Another thing Australia is a very minor part of Kens Operation Europe the majority, and he has hung around purely to help us out trying to keep costs down and doesnt need any extra crap happening."

I'm sorry, can you please point out the "crap" in any of my posts ?
If by crap you mean buying a car from him and paying him $1000s to ship it, then please give me some of your crap anytime !

Unreal !

Cheers,
Frank.
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Sorry again, was not actually my words as such, I sent an email to Ken who is upset about this thread, part of his reply was he doesnt need this crap. And i shouldnt of put that up.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

That statement was not pointed out with you in mind Frank, in fact I read it as very "genetic" in nature. There would be no malice in what Scott is saying & the word "crap" is can mean all sorts of things including the day to day stuff that always ends up taking more time.

I have not been helping him (Ken) in his day to day activities, as I have been on him about a special job he is doing for me. I know that if it works out then he will be compensated, but all the same it is a giant headache for him & he keeps batting on my behalf.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I actually wanted to stay out of this, but because everyone knows my association with Ken as far as advertising his cars, i didnt want it to look like i or he was hiding anything. And im not the best at saying what i mean on forums which is why i pointed out "nothing like talking face to face" bit.

No animosity at all to you Frank or anyone that has posted on this thread, my EX is my only enemy, as far as i know anyway.
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

Fair enough.

My last comment on this subject is that there is no reason for Ken to be upset - I dont think I said anything bad about him - some communication issues and concerns about the VIA. That's all. I still believe him to be a trustworthy, honest guy.

I even added that I would consider using him again - maybe he would tell me to f**k off - I suppose that's up to him.

Lets put this to sleep please.

Cheers,
Frank.
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6
Frank70
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Frank70 »

scott66stang wrote:I actually wanted to stay out of this, but because everyone knows my association with Ken as far as advertising his cars, i didnt want it to look like i or he was hiding anything. And im not the best at saying what i mean on forums which is why i pointed out "nothing like talking face to face" bit.

No animosity at all to you Frank or anyone that has posted on this thread, my EX is my only enemy, as far as i know anyway.
No probs !

now I am curious as to what your EX did to you !

Cheers,
Frank.
1995 BMW M3
2002 Ford Falcon XR6