Nicks 68 Fastback Restomod

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Nicks 68 Fastback Restomod

Post by soc123_au »

scott66stang wrote:I think Steve would say that to every old Mustang that rolled in, because he knows it takes away his time working on Hellanor :-D
dont worry she's in good hands :thumbs:
No the Oh Shit moment had nothing to do with my car. This bad boy has had an interesting life. Still trying to work out the most cost effective way of fixing it. It will be tops once its finished, just need to select the correct road to get there.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

gbx78 wrote: i too only just this week have done a 180deg about my "eleanor" kit plan .. i saw some first hand mustangs today out your way actually and in person they have soo much more character even stock body and was surprised how a 302 worked engine sounded beastly .. so its change my perception of "whats required" now .. but still in process in my head .. :D
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!!!! :thumbs: :-D :joy:
All i need is an applause emoticon now. I knew this day would come gbx. Very wise choice my man. Just saved your self 10's of thousands for something that will turn just as many heads as an e-car. (no offence Steve, I will love yours when done......but not your wheels. :rotfl: :rotfl: :poke: )
Last edited by donoauto on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

donoauto wrote:
gbx78 wrote: i too only just this week have done a 180deg about my "eleanor" kit plan .. i saw some first hand mustangs today out your way actually and in person they have soo much more character even stock body and was surprised how a 302 worked engine sounded beastly .. so its change my perception of "whats required" now .. but still in process in my head .. :D
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant!!!!! :thumbs: :-D :joy:
All i need is an applause emoticon now. I knew this day would come gbx. Very wise choice my man. Just saved your self 10's of thousands for something that will turn just as many heads as an e-car. (no offence Steve, I will love yours we done......but not your wheels. :rotfl: :rotfl: :poke: )
Dont speak to soon, ive done a 360 now hahaha.. Im waiting to get my car before i decide properly. While i know id be up for heaps more $$$ i still dream about it which means im not sold on either idea but keep goin back to my original plan ... Bahhhh .... When i get my car as most have said ill decide then based on what work is needed etc.... Im glad ive had lots of time to discuss ideas etc with everyone here cause whatever i decide ill know it was after a lot of thought and ill be 100%... its Rich's fault and that damm sexc machine he has on his website!! Side note, whatever i decide has to be what my heart desires. Life is short as ive learnt regarding health concerns .. Now its personal and its do or die!!!! :D

*covers face from tomato projectile*
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

It has begun, GBX78 you may want to avoid this thread for the next few weeks. It is likely to give you nightmares :-)

First thing is to install this

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

soc123_au wrote:It has begun, GBX78 you may want to avoid this thread for the next few weeks. It is likely to give you nightmares :-)

First thing is to install this

EEEEEP!
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

More pics here http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt16 ... 2068%20FB/

Should get interesting over the next week or so.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

i just got a migraine .. :(
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Better?
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

A few reasons why its good to take heaps of pics. The new floor doesnt come with the rear seat brackets, with reference pics it is so much easier to relocate them. In this case we will swap them over now & get it out of the way. It is a pain if you get further down the track & you forget where they go or worse still chuck them out.

Old

New
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

I just love it when someone cuts up a fastback! :cheer:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Holy cow, Mike and i should have got one of those full floor/ chassis replacements for our Verts, thats marvelous :-D :-D
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

I mean... how much does a rebuild cost over there... this is frikkin kool!
Im Back!
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

How much was the entire floor Steve?
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Shaunp wrote:How much was the entire floor Steve?
A bit under 3.5k, best way to fix it when everything is shagged. Hopefully it will be in place by Monday arvo.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Still going cleaning out the old floor & inner sills, It is pretty much just an outer skin of a car. The outer sills have had brackets welded on to keep it squared up. That is held together by the firewall & plenum & a few braces to stop it colapsing in on itself.