GT350 tribute

For those of us who are lucky enough to have a working Mustang instead of a project!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: GT350 tribute

Post by hybrid »

If you can't be arsed making them yourself, you can buy them on ebay.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:If inertia reel, you then get a dropper that puts the shoulder belt where it needs to be.
This 'dropper', what do Hemco refer to it as?

I notice they have tether straps and tether anchor assemblies but this is for the child restraints.

An extension is for large bodied people right?

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Mon May 28, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I did a search through my emails because I had emailed Wayne from Hemco in the past with questions about belts for my car. Can't seem to find our correspondence though. I'll keep searching.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

I guess you can have it without the dropper and place the web ring at the top bolt.

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:I guess you can have it without the dropper and place the web ring at the top bolt.

s
If you are tall, that will work. You need the belt to go just above your shoulder. Most drivers in Mustangs (early cars) that are average height need a 150mm dropper so that puts the web ring at the right height that does not cut into your neck, but allows the belt to run over your shoulder.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:I spent way too long in R&D of these products for the US & Australian markets to have them labeled as crap.
Kerry, a huge favour, I've spoken to one of the guys at SMS and he says if you've done the R&D, what I need is a bit of paper from you or anyone that can say, yes my control arms are indeed TCP (he himself knows they are, he's seen the logo on the arms) and that they've had this product certified for the Aus. market. Then I should be sweet.

I've also shown him your mounting plate photos and instructions, he says he has done similar before and mounting the seatbelt in roof rails shouldn't be an issue, sometimes however people glue down the hoodlining, that may pose a problem if it's hard to remove.

Some long awaited relief is in sight if I can get a scan of this bit of paper.

s
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:If you are tall, that will work.

I'm 184cm, can't guarantee that my passengers will be tall. For now I just want it registered, I could get the droppers and retro fit them at a later date?

s
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:
ozbilt wrote:I spent way too long in R&D of these products for the US & Australian markets to have them labeled as crap.
Kerry, a huge favour, I've spoken to one of the guys at SMS and he says if you've done the R&D, what I need is a bit of paper from you or anyone that can say, yes my control arms are indeed TCP (he himself knows they are, he's seen the logo on the arms) and that they've had this product certified for the Aus. market. Then I should be sweet.

I've also shown him your mounting plate photos and instructions, he says he has done similar before and mounting the seatbelt in roof rails shouldn't be an issue, sometimes however people glue down the hoodlining, that may pose a problem if it's hard to remove.

Some long awaited relief is in sight if I can get a scan of this bit of paper.

s
You need to contact an engineer that has approved them here. muzz67 has that engineer & Steve (soc_123) might know who he is as well.

I am no use as I did all that in the US so Australia will not accept my input. Yes I can confirm they are TCP (already done that ) & that it is an early version of the TCP parts (maybe before Alston bought the business) but they will still comply.

You will know in minutes how hard it is to get under that headlining. The overhead panels in front of the rear window will have to come out, but again it is no big deal.

This is making it harder than it has to be. It is a very simple solution for everything. Just have to know what hoops to jump through.
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote: I could get the droppers and retro fit them at a later date?

s
No, they are part of the belt structure.
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

The engineers who passed the TCP stuff in the past are still going to want the cash :cash:

But if you're already going to get it engineered, you might as well pay someone who has done it before.
Hawko
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Hawko »

Pretty sure the engineer that muzz67 used was

Terry N. Toomey
M.SAE.A/MIAME/Mech. Engineer.

Telephone: (02) 9674 4003
Mobile: 0408 232 372

Inspection Facility / Workshop Address:
Unit 3 -" The Hub"- 128 Station Rd, Seven Hills, NSW Australia. 2147.

Office hours:
Monday - Friday: 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Out of hours appointments by special arrangement only
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

hybrid wrote:The engineers who passed the TCP stuff in the past are still going to want the cash :cash:
Yes if they have to inspect the car and write up a report.

All I'm asking is documentation to say that the gear has been approved in the past and that my components are indeed TCP.

s
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Hawko wrote:Terry N. Toomey
I've seen that name a lot, it's who the RTA refer you to when you call up asking questions.

s
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:Most drivers in Mustangs (early cars) that are average height need a 150mm dropper so that puts the web ring at the right height that does not cut into your neck, but allows the belt to run over your shoulder.
Would you have a pic of this. I'm trying to imagine what it looks like, particularly with someone seated wearing it.

s
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

http://www.apvautomotive.com/safetyprod ... ae1920d9f6
7) If the sash guide is roof mounted a drop link is also required K7099S = 150mm and K7099 = 250mm.