Visiting car lift factory in China

Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Visiting car lift factory in China

Post by ozbilt »

69candy wrote:With the hoists Kerry, From what I have learned, the outside measurements of the posts is not always the amount of room you need. The bigger weight ones have a single floor plate under the posts that stick out another 100mm or so wider and also require 150mm of concrete to bolt to. The type I would prefer have the outrigger style mounts that go out about 750mm either side of the posts and are bolted down as well. Just something to make note of if it makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean. However the "bigger weight" ones you talk about (I have one) are the strongest mounted type & the mount system is what I would consider.

If you are pushed for room, then the outrigger type would probably suit.

It is nice to be able to walk easily between the post & a wall rather than ducking under the car , but most garages would not allow that.

If you have that kind of space, then get the one like I have with the bigger footprint. Mine is a US built one, so I know what to look for in terms of ruggedness in the build. I have also compared mine to a lot of Chinese lifts.

I visited this factory back in 2006 & was impressed then with the quality of the product.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

Nuts wrote:
jusTANG wrote:still beats jacking and getting jackstands etc out.

maybe even a creeper with an adjustable sloping top section. That way you could lay back on a incline and relax
Hey Justang, the amount of time it takes you to do anything, you'd be better off buying a bed to lie on while you contemplate the work. :poke:
that was my thoughts exactly, if it was steve's car I would live under it.........ahhhhhh the view ;)
Cheers,
j
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

[quote="Nuts] Hey Justang, the amount of time it takes you to do anything, you'd be better off buying a bed to lie on while you contemplate the work. :poke:[/quote]

in all seriousness Nut's.
I don't have the experience or the talent of some of you, so I have to get help where I can.
I work 60 to 70+ hour weeks and have two days off a month without my kids, I try to spend as much time with them as I can, I dont get to see them much anymore trying toi make ends meet for two households.
and lastly, you know my living arrangements and to say they are screwed, would the best I could describe it as, its a whole lot worse then that. :rant:

but I enjoy my car and I enjoy helping mates out. so if that means I loss my two days off this month so be it, the cars will still be sitting there next month ;) or the month after that
Cheers,
j
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

jusTANG - we'll have to make a start on that XR6 of yours. The scissor lift would make it a LOT easier!!
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

ozbilt wrote:
69candy wrote:With the hoists Kerry, From what I have learned, the outside measurements of the posts is not always the amount of room you need. The bigger weight ones have a single floor plate under the posts that stick out another 100mm or so wider and also require 150mm of concrete to bolt to. The type I would prefer have the outrigger style mounts that go out about 750mm either side of the posts and are bolted down as well. Just something to make note of if it makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean. However the "bigger weight" ones you talk about (I have one) are the strongest mounted type & the mount system is what I would consider.

If you are pushed for room, then the outrigger type would probably suit.

It is nice to be able to walk easily between the post & a wall rather than ducking under the car , but most garages would not allow that.

If you have that kind of space, then get the one like I have with the bigger footprint. Mine is a US built one, so I know what to look for in terms of ruggedness in the build. I have also compared mine to a lot of Chinese lifts.

I visited this factory back in 2006 & was impressed then with the quality of the product.
All good Kerry. will wait and see what you come up with. :like:
65muzzy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 65muzzy »

The scissor lift looks good, tho there doesn't seem to be much room to do work under the car without running into the jack.(eg removing the gear box)
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

65muzzy wrote:The scissor lift looks good, tho there doesn't seem to be much room to do work under the car without running into the jack.(eg removing the gear box)
Removing the gearbox, you would have to visit the ranch for that ..... :poke:
Kerry

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

65muzzy wrote:The scissor lift looks good, tho there doesn't seem to be much room to do work under the car without running into the jack.(eg removing the gear box)
Removing the gearbox is not a job for the scissor lift. IMO
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

how did this end up?any luck?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

jbrucem1 wrote:how did this end up?any luck?
Yes lots of luck & factory, along with the product, was first class. Good features on the product inc single safety release on the 2 & 4 post lifts (electric safety release an option)

I will leave it to Steve to give you all more detail as he is the one liaising with the factory contact (& nice she is too ..... :drool: )
Kerry

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Will he have anything to report on the scissor lifts?
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

mikes68 wrote:
Will he have anything to report on the scissor lifts?
Yes he will, they had many versions of them.
Kerry

jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

look forward to hearing all about it
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

I am in negotiations with Shelley via email. I am confident we can come up with a good deal. She knows if she plays ball I will take her to dinner in October. Lucky girl!
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

soc123_au wrote:I am in negotiations with Shelley via email. I am confident we can come up with a good deal. She knows if she plays ball I will take her to dinner in October. Lucky girl!
"WE" you arsehole ..... :rant: Bloody hell, always cutting in ..... :poke:
Kerry