Total votes: 18

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 2013 Mustang Nationals WA

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:
So in summary Cam you are officially the first member of the 2018 Mustang Nationals Organising Committee :)
Could somebody set up a poll please. :lol:
Strippers??? now that would be a nice side show, imagine nassi in a mankini :vomit:

As for the show i have only been to about 4-5 in my life, the flashiest venue was the hot rod show at a big undercover area in Perth city area cant quite remember where. I can assure you there was nothing more to look at other than the cars as that was all we were there for. Oh and the hotrod display girls .....
I enjoyed the day myself, although there was no point taking the rest of the family unless they too were interested, other than the girls who have interests in cars..... well i mean would you want to go along to a tupperwear party?
Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Stallion67 »

The hot rod show was at burswood dome.

As for the nationals on the weekend i think people have to understand this show is about cars and is for the enthusiasts. Personally it made my day just to see the boss 429 sitting there! Couldve stood there and drooled over that car all day without looking at another car (no offence to the owners of the several other awesome shelbys etc present)

Im guessing the organisers had to pick a long weekend due to people coming from eastern states. As a perth local i have grown up with the stigma of easterners to WA. Getting a person to come from sydney or melbourne to perth is like getting them to fly to china. A four day weekend is really the only way to make it worth while for them.. Am i right in assuming this?

All in all i really enjoyed the show, although i agree on the music haha
Cheers, Tony.
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

As far as the base program for the weekend and the dates of the event are concerned, the individual clubs, and committee members cannot vary too far from the guidelines set aby the national body.

something i recommend the next organisers do is arrange for grants, such as smoke free event, and other things that escapes my mind. That way there is a budget for entertainment, photography, videography, etc...

Without that, the event is running bare bones, and would rely on knowing how many people are coming to the event before they arrive so you can cover costs. We tried to get more guests there, but finding available people within the 12 months we had to organise the whole event was not going to happen.

I suggest a 2yr committee next time, with quarterly meetings the first 12 months, securing venue, grants and coming up with big ideas.

Cut off for grants seem to be the 18month mark, so we need to ensure we are on top of this first.

I think its great to start talking now about our next one. I think we did a great job this time and we have room enough to make the next one even better. New members with different ideas are what we need.

I also believe we need to grow up a little and give credit where its due. Running around getting pics all weekend and presenting them in a slide show at the presentation, including cars judged just a few hours earlier, was a mammoth task for me and Jess. I am sure that this would have been very difficult, if not impossible if we didnt stick our hands up for the job.

Anyway, see you guys at the next club meeting!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Stallion67 wrote: As a perth local i have grown up with the stigma of easterners to WA. Getting a person to come from sydney or melbourne to perth is like getting them to fly to china.
Remember that with the time difference, you lose practically a whole day flying back to Sydney, so it's really not easy to fly over for the weekend.

You leave Perth at 9am on Sunday, and you land in Sydney at 5pm or something.

How often have you been to Sydney for a weekend?
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

hybrid wrote:
Stallion67 wrote: As a perth local i have grown up with the stigma of easterners to WA. Getting a person to come from sydney or melbourne to perth is like getting them to fly to china.
Remember that with the time difference, you lose practically a whole day flying back to Sydney, so it's really not easy to fly over for the weekend.

You leave Perth at 9am on Sunday, and you land in Sydney at 5pm or something.

How often have you been to Sydney for a weekend?
Steady hybrid, it's the main past time over in Wait Awhile to bag Eastern staters, seems to be the thing to do. actually coming over this side of the country to experience the beauty and cultural wonders on offer isnt required....... :stirpot:
Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Stallion67 »

I wasnt bagging anyone, what i meant was that easter is the only viable option because it is a 4 day weekend. labour day, foundation day etc. are 3 day weekends.

As for flying east for weekends, i go to melbourne for a weekend twice a year on average. been to tassie the last 2 years and qld every other year. As for sydney, not really interested to be honest. But thats not to bag sydney, i go to melbourne for the fooooooty!

That said, the first comment i get from the vast majority of people i meet when im over there when i say im from perth is "oh perth, yeah ive never been there.."
Cheers, Tony.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:
nassi wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:
So in summary Cam you are officially the first member of the 2018 Mustang Nationals Organising Committee :)
Could somebody set up a poll please. :lol:
Strippers??? now that would be a nice side show, imagine nassi in a mankini :vomit:

Mate............. you said you loved my pom poms. :lol: ......... and go easy on the tupperware, it makes excellent small parts storage.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
nassi wrote: Could somebody set up a poll please. :lol:

Mate............. you said you loved my pom poms. :lol: ......... and go easy on the tupperware, it makes excellent small parts storage.
Dont want to know about your small parts storage, you just keep them tucked away when on the poll. :cheer:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Tim, you make mention of seeking grants, and the event running on bare bones. Sorry mate but I dont agree (JMO), every time MOCWA or the AFD run an event they endevour to give as much as possible to a charity, bearly saving enough to kick star the next event and while this is commendable it can be a little irritating. A couple of years ago it was very hard to find a charity willing to show up for a day to pick up somewhere between 5 and 10k. From memory the committee had 1 response.
So IMO instead of seeking grants and hounding sponsors, keep a bit more from the event profits and make life just that much easier for Cam and his 2018 committee.
Now please folks dont take this personnally ( well Pinto Pete can), but I just think its a little silly to be asking for charity so that you can pass it on to another charity.
Just my opinion, I'll go back to sleep now.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:
nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote: Strippers??? now that would be a nice side show, imagine nassi in a mankini :vomit:

Dont want to know about your small parts storage, you just keep them tucked away when on the poll. :cheer:
:rotfl: :rotfl: smartarse
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Grants? I didn't think something like this could qualify for grants? Sponsors yes, for sure.

It will always be harder holding an event like this W.A. than in pretty much every other State. There will always be fewer numbers than elsewhere and it makes it tough. Hats off to everyone who made it from interstate, it's a big ask.

Hats off to the organisers, that's also a big ask. I know, I tried to help but just couldn't commit to the level that these blokes (and ladies) did. You definitely need at least another four to five committee members.

I think the constructive comments/criticisms are constructive and are well intended. I'm sure they'll be taken as such. Not all feedback is positive all of the time.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

What I would like to see is what happens in the US. They are run like a business.

You are NEVER going to get a crowd etc to just a Mustang event (I do not give a stuff if it is a Nationals, Internationals or "The Universe". What has to happen is it has to become professional with professional people putting the event on & seeing it run correctly.

1st, the "concourse" has to give way & become a side event, like come on, 16 or so cars? Give me a break. The Concourse could be a center display & judged as per MCA rules. Car would not move, judges move from car to car while anyone interested can look on.

2nd, hold it in conjunction with other similar makes of cars, if American, then include all Ford, Chrysler & GM products. If Ford only, then all Ford products. Maybe just "Muscle Cars" & include Aussie muscle as well. Whatever, but the numbers need to be increased to allow a good venue such as a race circuit or exhibition hall. That would also drag an interested public along that would be happy to pay an entry fee.

3rd, push it to the younger generation. If this does not happen, then the hobby is dead & cars worth nothing.

4th, make it entertaining to all ages, somewhere for kids to play, decent food, good seating & shade.

IMO, these ideas will never fly in Australia as the top of the "so called organisation" have no imagination.

I will now sleep like nassi ...... :coat:

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by ozbilt on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:What I would like to see is what happens in the US. They are run like a business.

You are NEVER going to get a crowd etc to just a Mustang event (I do not give a stuff if it is a Nationals, Internationals or "The Universe". What has to happen is it has to become professional with professional people putting the event on & seeing it run correctly.

1st, the "concourse" has to give way & become a side event, like come on, 16 or so cars? Give me a break. The Concourse could be a center display & judged as per MCA rules. Car would not move, judges move from car to car while anyone interested can look on.

2nd, hold it in conjunction with other similar makes of cars, if American, then include all Ford, Chrysler & GM products. If Ford only, then all Ford products. Maybe just "Muscle Cars" & include Aussie muscle as well. Whatever, but the numbers need to be increased to allow a good venue such as a race circuit or exhibition hall. That would also drag an interested public along that would be happy to pay an entry fee.

3rd, push it to the younger generation. If this does not happen, then the hobby is dead & cars worth nothing.

4th, make it entertaining to all ages, somewhere for kids to play, decent food, good seating & shade.

IMO, these ideas will never fly in Australia as the top of the "so called organisation" have no imagination.

I will now sleep like nassi ...... :coat:
You never sleep................ that f$%* in rooster dosnt shut up. :rotfl:

If the car doesn't move, what methodology is used to allow all the criteria to be judged in the one location? Scissor lifts?
Judging the concours stuff on the Saturday at least gave the public the whole day on Sunday to inspect the real deal (unlike in our past events) and
that was a plus IMO but on a selfish note............. I had time to look at a lot of nice cars that owners arnt intersted in having judged.
Anyway.. a lot of top ideas have been floated here and I hope the next committee is sanctioned to go for change.
I have enjoyed things as they are, in fact thats my holiday but if interest dwindles then so will my holiday opportunity so if the next committee can bring on change then :like:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

nassi wrote:
If the car doesn't move, what methodology is used to allow all the criteria to be judged in the one location? Scissor lifts?
Cars get judged on the ground, what they can see is what they can see.

The events (like last weekend) where they went on a lift, only suit the trailer queens. So how many of them came? 3 - 4 that I know of. Even Pebble Beach is judged on the ground.

Concourse is for "originality" not for "who has the newest car".
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
65muzzy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 65muzzy »

It also depends on how serious you take concours. I for eg walked away from last years state concours knowing my car was 1 of 2 cars with full rego. I think there were about a dozen cars entered.