Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Marques in the Park (Canberra)

Post by boofhead »

xpconnor wrote:
boofhead wrote:Interesting, the after market ford boss 302 Windsor block was design with short bores so they restricted themselves to a 347 using the 4.125" bore and the 331 crank (3.25") as they said the bore was to short to support the piston when using the 347 crank (3.4") so when combined with the 4.125" bore means a 363. I wonder if they have changed the casting or not.
The 363 that Woody has just built me is in a Ford racing Boss 302 block. He might be the man to speak to about whether the casting has changed or not.
I thought he only used Dart blocks. Any way, no issue. Obviously it is no issue, I might ask him when I see him next.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

boofhead wrote:
xpconnor wrote:
boofhead wrote:Interesting, the after market ford boss 302 Windsor block was design with short bores so they restricted themselves to a 347 using the 4.125" bore and the 331 crank (3.25") as they said the bore was to short to support the piston when using the 347 crank (3.4") so when combined with the 4.125" bore means a 363. I wonder if they have changed the casting or not.
The 363 that Woody has just built me is in a Ford racing Boss 302 block. He might be the man to speak to about whether the casting has changed or not.
I thought he only used Dart blocks. Any way, no issue. Obviously it is no issue, I might ask him when I see him next.
Originally it was going to be a dart block but then he said he got his hands on a new ford block so used it instead. Still haven't organized to get it sent down my way yet but he said it looks pretty schmick and even has boss 302 stamped into it, which I think will be a nice touch in the engine bay. Hopefully it is as good or better then the dart block.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

The ford aftermarket Windsor boss 302 block is an excellent block - a little very little less expensive than the dart block - far far better than the stock block. At 1000+ HP rated you will not be breaking it any time soon.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
whitewun
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by whitewun »

did anyone get any photos of the mega expensive limited edition pony ????
whitewun
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

The 750 something? Nah, it was plain ugly!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Sounds like it was a good thing I missed it