Fatkids 500

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Re: Fatkids 500

Post by shermatt »

Fatkid's sellin the 500

Dont have the time...very pissed off....dumped close to $40k into one of the sickest and tuffest builds and I just cant get near the FN thing....and once again....so FN close

Tim, Im so considering giving you an expense paid holiday mate...5 good days on this car, its finished
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

been a while since I updated this thread as I gave up on it back in August as I just didnt have the time to finish it.

Well after carefull consideration, and a few dollars.....Fatkids 500 is alive

I havent had time to post all the pics but I did take alot. when I get a chance I may have time to throw them up

Anyway, I took my 500 for its first spin yesterday for its maiden voyage. Without giving it to much shit, it lit up in every gear....very happy with the HP and Im just guessing 500-600HP.

Cant wait untill its finished and all together. So far, Im a very big fan of the 427. Havent had the luxury of winding out 3rd 4th or 5th yet but its on the cards.

Its hooked to NOS but Im not going to hook it too the carby. I will leave that to the buyer to make that call him/herself

Enjoy

wiNGNdYChx8

HbR52BnIfBk

Sheri was very pleased that we got the rear back up lamps to work.....was a pain in the arse for ages but got em working without telling her
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Fully Sick! Matt :headbang:
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

:drool:

That sound makes me :fap:
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Why'd you go that way dummy! :rotfl:

Looks and sounds awesome Matt :thumbs:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Hey Matt , well done in going further with it & not canning it.
By the way , you didn't lay 2 fat licorice strips down your neat & tidy little street (pissing off the neighbours in the process) cos why?
Gotta let em know you mean business. :poke:
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

good to see you got your groove back Matty :thumbs:

tough lookin ride baby :headbang:
Cheers,
j
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Once its tuned and all "tight like a tiger" I will get Sheri to do a few vids from 400 feet away and I will let you have a look at a set BF's getting toasted. Have an oil leek from the valve cover on the drivers side at the moemnt and the left bank headers are in need of tightening up

Just have to iron out the little problems left over that may have been missed but its only stupid shit like that....that you can find untill its driving down the road.

As for the exhausts...there only temporary but F#ck there loud.

I do have a bit of a grin on my face having a toy again. Shame its going to the turkey rod run in 2 weeks and up for sale.

Should get 3 good days of driving in it if Im lucky

going to try and upload all the SEMA pics for you all now. Sorry its takin so long but Ive been HELL BUSY...as you can tell
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

What are you selling it for at the turkey rod Matt?
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Considering all the piles of shit I see there that are just C codes with Kits slapped on with 390 truck motors asking 75-85,000

I think a fully sick "S" code with a 427 and a Tremec 5 speed with roughly 5-600Hp and a 150HP shot of NOS, with 45-55k worth of receipts I could ask $65,000 and see what happens. I cant be stuffed adding all the receipts up but I know its somewhere in there. The 427 was the biggest dollar item then the car, then the body work, then the Tremec.

I think theres 8-20 old bolts in the car. If I had another $1000 bucks to dump in it, I could still keep going. Another 2 weeks solid on the car would have it to an extremely ggod standard just finishing the little stupid things but at this stage I have 2 days with 2 guys so its going to be a long 2 days

have a list a page long that Im going to try and have a crack at tommorow so I can get this thing of the deck and the convertible up there instead.

Oh yeah, heads up for anyone doing an eleanor. 64 galaxie lights work TITS and take about 2 hours to do both sides...very easy set up.

Those headers I ended up buying where shit to fit with the original Z bar. They would work better with cable or hydraulic

As for those wheels we all spoke of some time ago....I fitted a set similar to the mustang ute using 1" spacers and they work fine