Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ozbilt's California MG TC build

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
smh00n wrote:Was I the only one that went PHHHAAAAAARRRRRKKKKK when I saw the picture of the nose of the guard cut off?
Obviously you have not been at the Duggo ranch when I am cutting up someone's pride & joy Mustang ....... :twisted:
Or been around in the day when he was cutting the roof out of GT Falcons to fit the roll cage (if I recall the story correctly).
No, ass about. Cut the roof off a P3 to remove the roll bar. Then one off a Fairmont that had a factory sunroof. Yellow Glow P3 that ran in the 71 Bathurst. #69E Trevor Meehan. He used it as a road car after the ATCC of the following year (when I cut it up), then I guess it was sold as a low mileage GTHO ...... :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

ozbilt wrote:
DD289 wrote:
ozbilt wrote: Obviously you have not been at the Duggo ranch when I am cutting up someone's pride & joy Mustang ....... :twisted:
Or been around in the day when he was cutting the roof out of GT Falcons to fit the roll cage (if I recall the story correctly).
No, ass about. Cut the roof off a P3 to remove the roll bar. Then one off a Fairmont that had a factory sunroof. Yellow Glow P3 that ran in the 71 Bathurst. #69E Trevor Meehan. He used it as a road car after the ATCC of the following year (when I cut it up), then I guess it was sold as a low mileage GTHO ...... :rotfl:
Thanks for clearing that up for me mate. Maybe I was busy at the sandblasting cabinet when I first heard the story and it didn't sink in correctly. Well that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. :drink:
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

ozbilt wrote:
smh00n wrote:Was I the only one that went PHHHAAAAAARRRRRKKKKK when I saw the picture of the nose of the guard cut off?
Obviously you have not been at the Duggo ranch when I am cutting up someone's pride & joy Mustang ....... :twisted:
Damn straight...I remember you saying "I hope I can put this back together again..." my heart skipped a beat after you said that!
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Hijack... Lee, did your photographer use artificial lighting for the Avatar shot and the rest of the shoot?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Foresight wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
Damn straight...I remember you saying "I hope I can put this back together again..." my heart skipped a beat after you said that!
Nahh, that must have been your mind playing tricks. So unlike me to say such a thing ...... :$
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

30 hours bonnet fitment and that was an "easy one"! Wow.

Nice work, sweet car and the work environment looks pretty good too.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

DD289 wrote:Hijack... Lee, did your photographer use artificial lighting for the Avatar shot and the rest of the shoot?
Yep "light painting" and diffuser boxes were used. Without the artificial light the cars end up looking quite flat and lack detail. The lads are rather skillful!
Cheers,
Lee & Q
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Foresight wrote:
DD289 wrote:Hijack... Lee, did your photographer use artificial lighting for the Avatar shot and the rest of the shoot?
Yep "light painting" and diffuser boxes were used. Without the artificial light the cars end up looking quite flat and lack detail. The lads are rather skillful!
Thought so. She is an awesome colour and the lighting is sensational. Would love to see it in the flesh next time I'm in town if that's possible.
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Yeh mate no worries, just pm me when you are in town :thumbs:
Maybe Tim will be finished and we could go for a cruise :poke:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Foresight wrote:Yeh mate no worries, just pm me when you are in town :thumbs:
Maybe Tim will be finished and we could go for a cruise :poke:
Now that is low. :lol:
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Haha sorry Tim...I honestly look forward to the day!
Cheers,
Lee & Q
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

ozbilt wrote:
Or Cuda..... plenty of cutting there
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Well, dispite my request, our annual industry event does not coincide with Targa West this year,,instead it's a week earlier. This could be a blessing in disguise as I won't have to punt work commitments to attend stages and talk shit with Nassi.

See you in August Lee!
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

DD289 wrote:Well, dispite my request, our annual industry event does not coincide with Targa West this year,,instead it's a week earlier. This could be a blessing in disguise as I won't have to punt work commitments to attend stages and talk shit with Nassi.

See you in August Lee!
Bloody lovely, got time for beer instead?
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

nassi wrote:
DD289 wrote:Well, dispite my request, our annual industry event does not coincide with Targa West this year,,instead it's a week earlier. This could be a blessing in disguise as I won't have to punt work commitments to attend stages and talk shit with Nassi.

See you in August Lee!
Bloody lovely, got time for beer instead?
Are you kidding? Little Creatures do a few good drops, always like to support local industry.