Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Re: XP Falcon

Post by jbrucem1 »

Dynamic wrote:Great work i like the look of the XP such a classic
yeh dynamic they are a nice looking vehicle - really good lines..i think it will get dropped at some point, i think lowering xp's makes them look a little tougher
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

You dont muck about!! Thats looking good. If the paint is a bit peely a cut & buff will sort it out. 2k or Acrylic?
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

acrylic..im not sure how right this is but the people i bought the paint from - local dupont dealer said i dont need clears because its white..so im buffing colour....

he also told me to use 2k cutting paste so that what i have...opinions?

its coming up ok, some bits here and there - you sometimes dont see it until bou buff it..

that car would have been back together running, but ended up getting a labouring job for a few weeks in December so im 3 weeks behind..its coming along, hopefully send seats off for a retrim today
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

jbrucem1 wrote:
yeh dynamic they are a nice looking vehicle - really good lines..i think it will get dropped at some point, i think lowering xp's makes them look a little tougher
the lines really are nice! once its dropped will look super hot! any idea on the tyres or rims you putting on?
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

No clear needed on a solid colour. Some 2k solid colours are clear over base, but only fairly new colours. In acrylic clear over solids is not needed. I assume they have given you Faracla G3 or G5?
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Love the XP's. I am very keen to guy one for my son to use as his first car. How much did you end up getting it for jbrucem1 if you don't mind me asking.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

Dynamic wrote:
jbrucem1 wrote:
the lines really are nice! once its dropped will look super hot! any idea on the tyres or rims you putting on?
at this stage wheels will just be the steelies that came with it - repainted the same white as the car, with a set of ford imprint hubcaps (XL vintage maybe)..

down the track if i keep the car will get discs - 5 stud front and rear with a set of convos or something of that style..
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

cage wrote:Love the XP's. I am very keen to guy one for my son to use as his first car. How much did you end up getting it for jbrucem1 if you don't mind me asking.
cage how old is your son??give u a good price

i bought it quite cheap (1K) and havent spent a whole lot on it (dont plan to)..have a local trimmer doing seats and door panels in near future, does good work and for under 1000 for the lot im stoked..Rubber kit is the big killer, still looking at US options..Aus retailer want upto 1500 for a kit! Engine was running - new top end gaskets, paint and plugs is hopefully all i need there..thats about as far as ill get, hopefully to RWC, Vic club rego and drive it aroud a bit..thats the plan at this stage

hopefully will get out of it between 4-4.5K..pretty cheap cruiser (a lot of my own time though) - not worth much...
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

That is a good buy as I have looked at a few for around the $2K and you would be lucky to use them as a donor car. My son is only 11 so I have some time. How much you want for it?
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

Cage i think I'll hold onto it at this stage..in a few years mate, could be perfect for him..i was pretty happy with the buy, they are starting to get expensive, and they all seem to have rust..

Finished cutting her back, the shine with the solid white is already pretty good, will probably put a swirl remover/polish over it eventually

Interior came up quite well, gonna leave it with some texture -

Wheels cleaned and painte..cleaned up a hubcap and couldnt help but see what it will look like..not too bad

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Mate that looks tops, well done
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Very nice mate. I am jealous
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

little update on the XP

Shes all bolted back together (exterior) and the engine is in.

Fired it up with the old man saturday arvo, some small adjustments and was purring like a kitten..
Reversed it out of the shed Sunday (brakes and trans all working - unbeleivable) without seats and gave the old girl a little clean. Doesnt look too bad..

Interior due back this week, I think it will be the hilight

Will try and get some pics up once all back together
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

sounds great :)