Husky's 65 Restomod

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Husky's 65 Restomod

Post by hybrid »

ozbilt wrote:
hybrid wrote:The wife prefers coupes... that's all that matters :poke:
I was starting to think that I was "in touch with my feminine side", then I remembered that I liked the early hardtops (64 1/2 - 68) because that is what was racing here when I was involved in the sport ...... 8O

Glad I can still remember something ......
Why did they race them instead of fastbacks?

By the way.. back on topic, I'm interested to see how much this catches on a N/A engine. I've only ever seen them on boosted applications.
Last edited by hybrid on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:
ozbilt wrote:
hybrid wrote:The wife prefers coupes... that's all that matters :poke:
I was starting to think that I was "in touch with my feminine side", then I remembered that I liked the early hardtops (64 1/2 - 68) because that is what was racing here when I was involved in the sport ...... 8O

Glad I can still remember something ......
Why did they race them instead of fastbacks?

They had to seat 4 adults (Touring cars). A fastback was 2 adults & 2 kids (2 + 2). Same rules applied to Trans Am (USA). The first ones out here were 64 1/2 K hardtops. The fastback still had not been produced at that time.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I was hoping you'd say "because hardtops are faster"... but that's what I took from your reply anyway :mrgreen:
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

In fact the Geoghegans imported both a 67 coupe an and Fastback, but were unable to homolegate the FB hence the White and Green 67 coupe was built to race which won 67-68-69 Touring car champion ships. Its a great car which the Wall family own and still drive regularly.

https://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl ... mrc&uact=8
Last edited by Shaunp on Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

I'll be honest, if I could have afforded a 67/68 fastback to start with I most likely would have got one. However, the 65/66 coupes have really grown on me.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Husky65 wrote:I'll be honest, if I could have afforded a 67/68 fastback to start with I most likely would have got one. However, the 65/66 coupes have really grown on me.
I always preferred the early shape. I really disliked the 67 rear lights, but they have since grown on me.
I prefer early fastbacks, but didn't really care at the time either way and the wife liked coupes.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

hybrid wrote:
Husky65 wrote:I'll be honest, if I could have afforded a 67/68 fastback to start with I most likely would have got one. However, the 65/66 coupes have really grown on me.
I always preferred the early shape. I really disliked the 67 rear lights, but they have since grown on me.
I prefer early fastbacks, but didn't really care at the time either way and the wife liked coupes.
Happy wife , happy life.....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

She must not have been happy the day that she spanked the bonnet with the snowboard.

Hybrid must have really pissed her off big time :bash:

Cheers

J
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

As usual, I was the ultimate angel that day.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Hi,

I noticed in your photo you have the strut tower brace going from the firewall to the top of the bracket on the strut tower. I have mine going underneath the bracket. But I didn't have the install instructions when I got the brace.

Is that what the assembly instructions say to do?
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Did a quick(not very quick....bloody rain drivers) to Rocket Ind and picked up a K&N filter to replace the supercheap piece of crap I had on. I'd be embarrased to take it to the tuners on monday with that filter.
Anyway I ended going one up in size than I had planned, you know, just incase a supercharger or something finds it way into my engine bay at a later date. I did like Kerry's flat filter mod, however, I didn't want to cut into the support panel, as if I do go supercharged I can't run my filter there anyway.

This is the comparison with the filter I was running. And yes, I do need to sort out a better cold air box ;)

Btw I put a my house fan up near the shaker intake, and a surprising amount of air was making it's way down to the filter. There is a raised portion in the shaker baseplate that helps direct air down the tube. Although not pretty, quite effective.

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Did you check with SCA and autobarn they aell kn filters but usually unser counter. .unless rocket is nearby for you anyway
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Yeah I went to both yesterday but they didn't have any with a 4" inlet diameter. Don't stress anyway I have a small kid, happy to get out for a couple hours here and there 😄
Last edited by Husky65 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:Yeah I went to both yesterday but they didn't have any with a 4" inlet diameter. Don't stress anyway I have a small kid, happy to get out for a couple hours here and there 😄
Haha of course i had the same issue .. to my surprise sca had it .. mines a shorter version.. it looks great!! Keep an eye when sca or autobarn have a sale on their kn cleaner and oil kit. I got it 50% off many moons ago
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Yeah will do mate cheers.

The one thing I'm not sort of happy with at the moment is the noise I'm hearing from inside the car. I haven't driven the mustang in a few years, so I sort of forgot how noisy it was inside the car, however I don't remember it being this noisy.

I can hear all the engine ticks(especially cruising at higher revs), vibrations, suspension moving, plus the squeaks etc that I'm working on getting rid of. Is everyone elses like this?
I have dynamat, then on top of that a closed cell foam/open cell foam self adhesive product on the firewall, and mass loaded vinyl on the floor and rear section. I don't have the original firewall pad on there.