Mustang Star

Re: replacing ac

Post by 123abc »

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Coming along, now you just have to find a new location for the left hand horn. :worms:
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

ahh yes and my fg fan may not work as ive had to shim the radiator back a couple of mm ,tight as it was see how it goes tomorrow I betting the unit will get some swearing happening
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

You have the condenser bolted to the rear of the rad support. It needs to be in front of it. Then your rad will sit in the original position.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

installed the unit today was fairly easy but I will mention that make sure you have no sound proofing up under the bulkhead ,as there is a gap for the top ac pipe to fit in but once its in it was fairly straight forward. Also the big fat yellow wire on the plug from the fan switch is the ignition feed for the ac originally .
it already has a fused place in the fuse box if you have an ac car I used this I also found the feed for the compressor which is a green wire under dash there is 3 of them one is on the plug and 2 on the old ac box its one of these 2 there is plenty of wire to do this and all of the other wiring as well .
installed the controls also went in easy a bit of a jiggle because of the micro switches but once in no probs.
vents have plenty of ducting but you still need to measure it, bit of a shit fight getting the duct on but fit good too
I forgot to mention there is a wire blue with red stripe that has a red plug with 3 bullet spacing's this is your accessory lights from the dimmer.
all for now, tomorrow I wire engine bay side of things including cover plate and grommets and hopefully compressor and calibrate the unit.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

today I put cover plate on firewall ,mounted the wiring and breaker ,plumbed the heater lines rough wired the comp and binary switch (I've got more to do with fans and shit so a bit more to go )and mounted compressor .
the compressor mounting bracket was great detailed instructions for spacers but you have to read it through, they say a 56inch belt but too big so i'm off to gat a 51-52 inch tomorrow.
I calibrated it also this was easy as per instructions but had to do it a few times because the heater shut off valve was not opening right after checking the conections and a few goes at it all was good,
the yellow wire (fused power) and green to compressor worked a treat,made it easy and a lot cleaner as well.
next to put fans and radiator back in and a much needed cleanup on some wiring down battery side I will book it in for gas

123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

all back together now just got to tie back a few things and off to get gassed up ,to sum up the whole kit I would say it was very easy to do and of good quality more than enough o rings as the flexi hoses had o rings already fitted just needed to oil them up before fitting . I also used an oval grommet for the pipe work through the support as it was a little neater than the block off plate it also allowed me to run wiring as well. the belt I used was a 53 inch or 1345mm on a clev engine they spec a 56" but too big.
All in all I would do it again as it was not painful to do and with a few jack cans it was quite enjoyable.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

pics

Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Nice mate, just in time for winter :snigger:
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

well it will be nice having a heater
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

got it gassed today nice good warm day the ac was cold the blending side of things worked well happy with it I am
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Nice work mate... aircon makes the drive so much more enjoyable sometimes.
123abc
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 123abc »

took longer too run the wires and hoses than it did to put it in, but I did take the opportunity to put in a remote battery post below the battery box for all my accessory wires and rewire the fans with new relays and fuses