69 R Code

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: 69 R Code

Post by 69candy »

Things have been moving slowly lately, as my shed that got burnt down has now been approved to be rebuilt, but the guy who won the quote is to busy to do it!!! So i'm doing it to get it done, but boy will he get a big bill!!
Anyhow, got the motor back together and got it painted on the weekend. Need some car time!!
Decided to mask of the vin,
Hopfully car meets engine in another few weeks, If I get the bloody shed finished first!!
6T9rustang
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by 6T9rustang »

Looks good mate. :drool: Envious to your stage of build. Love the jockey wheel set-up. Giving me ideas for when the time comes. What's the backspacing of those rears. could get a little more dish on em. :rotfl:
mmmm....mustangs.....
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

After a long drawen out process of getting my shed rebuilt after the fire. I finally got some time working on the car.
Its back on its wheels today, Got the brake lines, fuel lines, diff, and front end all in, in the last month, so I decided to put the motor in.
Was going to just drop the block in and hook the trans up later, but decided to do it in one go.
Took a bit over an hour to sit it in there with a non mechanical mate helping. Booster was in place. Tight fit but got there with only 1 small scratch. Not very good pics. Dizzy will come out and get cleaned up after is running
Struck my first drama with the Z bar locater on the chassis rail. with the frame replacement there are 3 holes, with 2 of them having nut serts. So I bolted it in there didn't I!!! Seem it has to go in the rear 2 holes, not the 2 front ones with the nut serts!! Not sure how I'm going to fix it, but have a couple of ideas.
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

Well been doing a bit lately and tiding up a few small details. Dash is in now. interior will be next. Waiting on the painter to finish a few thing of so I can move forward again

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

4 years to post the pics?

Looking good though - keep up the good work.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

congrats - looks great :)
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

boofhead wrote:4 years to post the pics?

Looking good though - keep up the good work.
MMMM Maybe I better change that date on the camera!! :poke: :poke:
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

same as dynamat but cheaper!!
Still got to tidy up under here yet Dist etc
Interior is in!!
Came up ok I recon
wheel has been redone
Looking good!!
Still got the stripe, hood black out and chrome trim yet
Going in for rego check tuesday, and then back to the painter to finsh their bit off
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

that came together quickly.

Looks great well done
Cheers,
j
rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rockerfella »

That WAS quick. Looks great! Wanna do mine?
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

Car looks great. :thumbs:
Well done on the rebuild.
I smell oranges !

Michael
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Looks sweet mate looking forward to seeing it with the stripes and blackout :thumbs:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Looks fantastic, good luck with rego. The interior is as good as the exterior. Out of interest is it a factory A/C car or did you add the vents to the dash? I might be adding A/C to one and I'm curious about the process.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

ponyride wrote:Looks fantastic, good luck with rego. The interior is as good as the exterior. Out of interest is it a factory A/C car or did you add the vents to the dash? I might be adding A/C to one and I'm curious about the process.
Thanks for the kind words!! It is an old air system, with from memory Classic air vents. Was a non air car. I did not like the vents that came with the kit. so I modded a stock center vent to fit, and used the factory looking vents on the side. They came with a template. I went for OLD AIR system as you do not have to cur the firewall to fit it. Goes in in place of the original heater box and looks stock. I could not find a lower a/c dash for a reasonable price so thats why I did it the other way. Have one now, so may change it over at a later date.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

69candy wrote: I went for OLD AIR system as you do not have to cur the firewall to fit it. Goes in in place of the original heater box and looks stock.
Thanks for the tip, sounds like what I'll be doing then. :cheers:
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.