Tapatalk

Need help with something on the website, forums etc? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk

Post by ozbilt »

Cannot see why we need Morse Code (tap a talk) on this site, but if you guys think it is a step forward, then I will contribute also... :shrug:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

It's completely up to you guys. Please don't feel like you NEED to donate, as I hate websites where you have to pay :lol:

I'll see if I can set up a donation button or something like that on the website.
As long as I can disable it again if by some stroke of luck it ends up paid for.

I'll post here the actual costs as they happen. These guys only cost about $15 an hour. I'm just not sure how many hours it will take.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ok, I created a block down the bottom out of the way on the right hand side if anyone feels like donating.

In this thread I will also post the costs from the developers so we know what we're paying for.

If it starts getting crazy, I will pull the plug and go back to doing it myself. I think if they can get the authentication part working, I should be able to hack the rest together.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Two donations already.. you fellas don't muck about! :lol:

As a thank you to those who donate, I'm happy to create a Custom Forum Rank for you. So instead of saying "Mustang Maniac", it could say whatever you like (within reason). I could also change the stars to dollar signs or something :lol:

For those who donate, PM me with your request if you would like a custom Rank.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

By the way, this is how it looks on an iphone.

So rather than having to load the entire webpage in your phones browser, this is an app that hooks directly into the forum, so it's much quicker and nicer to use on a phone.
Digger
Bush Mechanic
Bush Mechanic

Post by Digger »

I'm in, I am glad it works on Android, HTC Desire for me. Best phone I've had but poor battery life. Could be my fault since I have gps wifi bluetooth turned on all the time.
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

The thing i like(apart from wasting work time looking at forums) is that you can reply to a post on your iphone/android/whatever and insert a photo without having to host it somewhere first.
That will be great for a thread called "Look what i just saw" or something like that.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

Digger wrote:I'm in, I am glad it works on Android, HTC Desire for me. Best phone I've had but poor battery life. Could be my fault since I have gps wifi bluetooth turned on all the time.
do you use task manager to end any apps that you have opened recently? I find this has given me at least 3 days battery life out of mine
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I use an app called "Advanced Task Killer" for that.
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Best app ive seen is the iphone :f:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Thanks fellas. By the time I pitch in some cash, we currently have enough for about 10 hours work. Will be interesting to see how far they get with that.
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

hybrid wrote: These guys only cost about $15 an hour.
Thats some pretty talented monkeys you got there Jeff.. Our developers wouldn't take a dynamic for $15 an hour, and they're about as useful as tits on a bull...
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, well I'm yet to see if they are any good. But at that price, it's worth a shot before paying someone else big bucks.
Digger
Bush Mechanic
Bush Mechanic

Post by Digger »

Dynamic wrote:
Digger wrote:I'm in, I am glad it works on Android, HTC Desire for me. Best phone I've had but poor battery life. Could be my fault since I have gps wifi bluetooth turned on all the time.
do you use task manager to end any apps that you have opened recently? I find this has given me at least 3 days battery life out of mine
Yeah I do but I forget to use it "Advanced task killer". My fault. I normally have gps, bluetooth and wifi on so that probably chews up the battery.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Just bumping this, note the donation box as it looks about $150 behind at the moment.

Maybe we should get the Ranga to make it a levy? :shrug:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet