Love it dude!.... Inspirational!
Im Back!
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by nassi »

Pinto-Pete wrote:and you do get to drive it now thats best bit..... :like:
Hey Pete, do you think Scott CAN drive?....... I only ask because of all those nearly finnished projects laying around.. and .. I have never actually seen him drive. :lol:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

nassi wrote:
Hey Pete, do you think Scott CAN drive?....... I only ask because of all those nearly finnished projects laying around.. and .. I have never actually seen him drive. :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

You blokes have a bad memory, obviously age related.
Remember when i drove the Masters Ice Coffee promo Mustang.

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote:
you are of course correct nassi, as per usual, I must have been getting caught up in the moment,as to proof of your wheelman skills scooter, not sure but I think you photo shopped that snap with the chicky babe,....mullet looks about right though.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
nassi wrote:
you are of course correct nassi, as per usual, I must have been getting caught up in the moment,as to proof of your wheelman skills scooter, not sure but I think you photo shopped that snap with the chicky babe,....mullet looks about right though.
Sorry for the delayed reply to your deranged post Pedro, i was up all night converting the Caddy to RHD.

I have no idea how to photoshop and if a picture supplied as proof of myself driving is not enough, i dont know what more i can do but offer you to come for a cruise with me in the Caddy.

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

scott66stang wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:
nassi wrote: Hey Pete, do you think Scott CAN drive?....... I only ask because of all those nearly finnished projects laying around.. and .. I have never actually seen him drive. :lol:
Sorry for the delayed reply to your deranged post Pedro, i was up all night converting the Caddy to RHD.

I have no idea how to photoshop and if a picture supplied as proof of myself driving is not enough, i dont know what more i can do but offer you to come for a cruise with me in the Caddy.

and you reckon I'm deranged...... :rotfl:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote: Sorry for the delayed reply to your deranged post Pedro, i was up all night converting the Caddy to RHD.

Neat job, talk about "mirror reversed" ..... :poke: You even went to the trouble of reversing the clock & speedo, obviously when you live on that side of the country, every thing works backwards ...... ;)
Kerry

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

:lol: Can read you like a book Kerry but you forgot the pedals, i just knew it would be you that picked my quality work of perfect mirror image conversion :lol: :lol:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote::lol: Can read you like a book Kerry but you forgot the pedals, i just knew it would be you that picked my quality work of perfect mirror image conversion :lol: :lol:
The pedals did not faze me as I had a GMC truck that visited my shop in California & that was the way he had the pedals (it was still LH drive ..... :shrug: )
Kerry

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

My brakes were playing up, i had to break open a bleeder on the rear to release the pressure on the way to the inspection last week.... Shhh! dont tell anyone. Now that i had permits to drive and going longer distances, the pedal would get harder and harder the more i braked to the point where the car became slugish.
I knew i had new flexible brake lines throughout and fairly new slave cylinders etc, but the master cylinder hadnt been removed for some time.
All that was left was the master cylinder, so off it came for an overhaul.
Pulled it apart and checked the workshop manual and found that the bypass port was blocked, needed a small flat screwdriver to remove the crap out of a round crevice inside the reservoir and then a sewing pin to finally poke out the small hole.
I then sandblasted washed thoroughly and painted the parts and headed to the local brake guy for new seals and cups.
Then honed out the master cylinder and reasembled.

And as i goes, while at it i scraped of the crud and cleaned up that chassis area, and removed, sandblasted, painted, regreased the brake pedal arm assembly.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Again while in the area and the brake lines loose, i cut out the chassis where the other side of twin exhaust system will run.
A search revealed that only from 1952 twin systems were fitted and previously the chassis had no holes on that side, so with grinder and plasma cutter in hand i did my best to replicate the holes on the other side.

This is the current rhs facing towards the rear

Lhs sort of marked out after i moved the handbrake cable to the top of the chassis, previous position is that bolt above the brake line.

new hole

The other side of the frame rail with the cross over exhaust pipe in the background which will be eventually rerouted through the new hole.

Master cylinder all bolted back in

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

The the same operation for the rear section of the rails.

Before

rhs hole to replicate

new hole lhs

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I fitted rear seat belts on the weekend (put up pics later) and on Sunday evening went for a small cruise with the family around the local area.

And today after doing the above work i picked up the kids from school for the first time in the Caddy after them begging me to do so.
Just love the looks ya get, and the young kids at the drive through pickup area yelling "thats an awesome car" as my kids proudly get on board. :mrgreen:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

scott66stang wrote:I fitted rear seat belts on the weekend (put up pics later) and on Sunday evening went for a small cruise with the family around the local area.

And today after doing the above work i picked up the kids from school for the first time in the Caddy after them begging me to do so.
Just love the looks ya get, and the young kids at the drive through pickup area yelling "thats an awesome car" as my kids proudly get on board. :mrgreen:
Great to hear you actually enjoying a car for a change. :like: