Chinese Hoists

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Chinese Hoists

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Might need to check the thickness of the concrete in the shed as most of these two posters require 6" as a min and as for the height just get a seat on castors.....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

and that is the salesman talking. The haggling at the wreckers is starting to have an impact ;-)
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Haha. Im not sure but I can check. If it was possible I could cut and re concrete deeper for the posts.

As for height yes I could but the posts themselves are 2.8m I thought so I could just remove some tiles and poke them through
Last edited by gbx78 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Ausjacko wrote:and that is the salesman talking. The haggling at the wreckers is starting to have an impact ;-)
Past the haggling stage jacko...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I would be surprised if you could get a hoist in that shed G.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:I would be surprised if you could get a hoist in that shed G.

width dimensions appear to be ok. just height im 400mm short at the walls.

Boofhead
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Put a 4 poster under the awning, nothing to worry about out there .......
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

That's probably a better option. Concrete thickness might still be an issue though.

To check the garage George, you really need to measure the width of the car roof, then measure the roof in your shed to find out how high you will be able to go with it.
IMO, a hoist is useless unless you can stand under it. You'll destroy your back if you're having to bend over to walk under it all day.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ozbilt wrote:Put a 4 poster under the awning, nothing to worry about out there .......
Unfortunately that section wont work for me. Its a 10point turn to slowly get the car in that section and then another 10point turn to get it angled right and in between the hoist. I would probably avoid using it based on that hassle not to mention trying to get it back out and positioned down the side of the house. I would have to pull that carport apart. I think the concrete there is only 100mm then i would have to enclose it from the weather. I have plans from the back of the house which will make it more impossible to get a car in there there thats why i was looking at one IN the garage. still thinking.
hybrid wrote:That's probably a better option. Concrete thickness might still be an issue though.

To check the garage George, you really need to measure the width of the car roof, then measure the roof in your shed to find out how high you will be able to go with it.
IMO, a hoist is useless unless you can stand under it. You'll destroy your back if you're having to bend over to walk under it all day.
I agree and thats why im entertaining this idea. My body cant cope on the floor anymore. While i appreciate i have friends who offer theirs for use etc.. I really need (want lol ) my own. So in the event the work im doing is incomplete or car is undrivable it can just stay where it is with no issues.

The roof of my garage will need to come up. If i was to go down this path then I would maybe change the design of the roof for ease and extra room. maybe sloped colourbond or something orr just put the tiles back on. Unsure.

Unfortunately the layout of my yard is crapola (as you both know) and makes alot of things difficult.

Im keen on just drive into the garage, engage hoise (or not) and then reverse out again down the side of the house as per usual. My mazda requires a 10point turn just to get into that other section and i hate it.

The garage has a raised concreate slab (i think about 50mm) from the rest of the concrete driveway but not sure how deep. Ill have to check.

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

You might be better off just knocking it down and putting a nice colourbond shed up in it's place if you've got plans for the house.
$2500.. check this out

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Absco-Double ... SwHPlWejhh
Last edited by hybrid on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

I would agree with Hybrid there George, that may be the best option. Or dig a pit then you wouldn't have to hoist it so high. Probably more expensive though.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Can you insulate those sheds? I'd imagine it would be rather uncomfortable working in there during the day.
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

yeah i have thought about a pit and know someone who can assist with doing it but i can see it being limiting especially if i need a wheel off the ground then the jack has to come out which im limited to aswell.

Ive already looked into the colorbond shed option but this is more complicated than it seems (i wont go into that too much here).. i would then start venturing into serious dollars (more than whats in the link) which again im not interested in investing in this house. Ive had a quote for one of these sheds to meet the hoist heights and its alot more expensive than the ebay link and the listing is actually smaller in height compared to what i have now. Not to mention council approvals etc.. my current garage is actually on the fence line. id have to go through that process (Because of dumbass neighbors.. ) which is a few more grand they tell me. i would then have to be 900mm away from the fence line.. and that screws up everything for me getting INTO the garage then considering how my house is designed.

Ive worked in a colorbond shed before and in the summer its bloody stinking hot. I love my brick garage as temperatures are extremely workable in all seasons.

Ive investigated this alot lol (since the hoists were originally advertised). Unfortunately for me its a lot more complicated than it appears which is why im trying to utilise existing structure with a few mods if need be (like raising the roof).

I do appreciate everyones input though.

I shall keep investigating. possibly not feasible for me in my current situation. Maybe i might just move lol
Last edited by gbx78 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boofhead
69candy
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 69candy »

gbx78 wrote:yeah i have thought about a pit and know someone who can assist with doing it but i can see it being limiting especially if i need a wheel off the ground then the jack has to come out which im limited to aswell.

Ive already looked into the colorbond shed option but this is more complicated than it seems (i wont go into that too much here).. i would then start venturing into serious dollars (more than whats in the link) which again im not interested in investing in this house. Ive had a quote for one of these sheds to meet the hoist heights and its alot more expensive than the ebay link and the listing is actually smaller in height compared to what i have now. Not to mention council approvals etc.. my current garage is actually on the fence line. id have to go through that process (Because of dumbass neighbors.. ) which is a few more grand they tell me. i would then have to be 900mm away from the fence line.. and that screws up everything for me getting INTO the garage then considering how my house is designed.

Ive worked in a colorbond shed before and in the summer its bloody stinking hot. I love my brick garage as temperatures are extremely workable in all seasons.

Ive investigated this alot lol (since the hoists were originally advertised). Unfortunately for me its a lot more complicated than it appears which is why im trying to utilise existing structure with a few mods if need be (like raising the roof).

I do appreciate everyones input though.

I shall keep investigating. possibly not feasible for me in my current situation. Maybe i might just move lol
Don't know all your details, but I would just cut out a section of the floor. That's what I did, and just made it big enough and deep to support the posts. Think I made the post holes 600x600x600 and put 100mm deep floor around it all, About 1 meter out from posts and across between the posts
Worry about the roof later, as once the hoist is in you will use it. If it works out you can lift the roof with the hoist and some jigs and then weld her up higher
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Since you are raising the roof you might as well make it high enough to have a car on the hoist and one parked below it.
I will someday think of something clever to say.