GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Post by donoauto »

It's a good thing!! Will need a little tuition on the fine tuning of certain texts but I'm sure a decent tutorial will be contributed by many. Jeff's gone further than me but I've bench tested mine at home with the wifes sim card & worked great. Just gotta get motivated to unscrew some trim & install hidden, organise a cheap sim plan & generally just get my sh!t together. I do recommend the product.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Well, after Jeff has put in some great work setting up version 2 of the tracking software and using his own coin to get it going, it works!

Jeff was able to see me driving the car around the suburb this evening. Using google maps he could see me stopped outside of the Saudi residence around the corner. What he could not see was the security guard getting very nervous as a car had stopped on the road with a bundle of wires on the dash, blinking leds , all connected to a battery on the front seat. It's OK, the bruises will heal.

Seriously, Jeff has done a great job setting this up for everyone who has one of these units. He has set up the tracking software aso people can log in and administer their car and has produced a great document stepping through the set-up of the unit.

I thought it was great how he was sitting on his PC in Sydney and using my log-in, was watching me driving the car in Canberra. I tested the SOS button and it sent an SMS to my mobile as programmed. Now to set up that geo fence alarm...

Great work Jeff and Dono!
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

It's all Jeff , I'm just surfing his wave....
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

It was great to see it finally move on a map instead of staying in the same spot the whole time.

To those who have bought the tracker, contact myself or Jacko when you're ready and we'll send you the Document on setting the tracker up to use the server. I will also create you a login.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Good work guy's, though I must admit mine is still in its box sitting on a shelf in the shed :oops:
I still rely on the organic alarm.
Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cameron »

nassi wrote: I still rely on the organic alarm.
Haha. Is that another word for your godzilla sized dog?

You need a horse trailer to take that puppy to the beach!
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Awesome work guys!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cameron wrote:
nassi wrote: I still rely on the organic alarm.
Haha. Is that another word for your godzilla sized dog?

You need a horse trailer to take that puppy to the beach!
Thats the one. I took the hard lid off the ute so she can use that. Wont fit in the front anymore. :-D
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Yeah,
got mine out of the box when Jacko rang me last night wanting a number of the housing, now it sits next to my computer out of its box, just watching me... can these things track the owner too....
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

MustangMedic wrote:Yeah,
got mine out of the box when Jacko rang me last night wanting a number of the housing, now it sits next to my computer out of its box, just watching me... can these things track the owner too....
Cheers,
Medic
Yep sure can! Especially if you accidently lock youself in the trunk! :joy:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Sorry Medic, I feel real bad for opening up old doors, oops I mean wounds :poke: .
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

id like to see that in action!!
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Might have some good news on the horizon for this.

I attended CeBit in Sydney today with my boss and went to the Meitrack stand to have a chat. We might look at launching a tracking business based around these trackers and their software.

If that's the case I reckon we can have club deals at very low cost. Using their own software would allow us to completely control these devices from the website.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

:cheer: :popcorn: :backflip:
Amen.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Now Jeff, wasn't that what I was suggesting. Special rates for proofing assistance I trust ;-)
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'