Brandy has a friend

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Brandy has a friend

Post by cage »

That's a big word for you Pete. I have already told him that it is my car but he can use it. When he is done with it he has to give it back. What are the chances of that you reckon?

I agree mate with the mods. Maybe a bit more power but it will be all bolt on stuff, cut out a bit of rust and blend the paint to the existing and freshen up inside a bit and we are done. I will leave the restomodding to the mustang.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
jbrucem1
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by jbrucem1 »

sounds good cage..have you considered a collapsable steering column as a safety measure?
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Yes this the the second time I have been told this and yes I want to make sure this is a safe car. I am now looking at seatbelts for the back as well. With the collapsable steering column are you talking an aftermarket one such as IDIDIT or Flaming River?
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

cage wrote:Yes this the the second time I have been told this and yes I want to make sure this is a safe car. I am now looking at seatbelts for the back as well. With the collapsable steering column are you talking an aftermarket one such as IDIDIT or Flaming River?
cruize the ford forums cage, i am sure there is a collapsable steering column upgrade them fella's have worked out.

or ask MOE to source info he's good at that :-D
Cheers,
j
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Cheers Justang, signed up today on the Australian Ford Forum so I will look around there.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Well I started to run some numbers on the engine yesterday and have figured out that it is a 68 engine from an XT. Joined the Ford Forum and started asking some questions :help: and apparantly there were only two motors it could be, a 188 (not very good) or a 221 (pick of the ford 6cyl I was told and fairly rare). This is where you guys will be proud of me as I had to get my hands dirty to find out which one it was.

In order to find out I needed to measure the stroke (what the?). Anyway the guys on the forum told me how to do it which was all dutch to me but I thought I would give it a crack.

Pulled the spark plug out, manually turned the engine over and made measurements on a piece of wire from an old coat hanger (thanks Steve for that one) at both the top and bottom of the stroke and found out that it measured exactly 88mm. Looks like I have the very sort after 221 motor. :dance2:

Got my hands all dirty and felt very proud of myself I must say. Anyway I thought I would share my good fortune with you guys and now I am excited to maybe getting some quality grunt out of this engine. :headbang:
Cheers boys.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

XP GT HO Phase .3, woo hoo :-)
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Ahh yes 221 thats what the bloke with the XT had in it with the 2v head not 200 like i previously stated ... was 20+ years ago. Went like the clappers.
I have a 221 here that i swapped when i gave a mate my 250 and celica 5 speed setup from my Van to put in his XT ute, when i went to V8.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

So what do you reckon Scott, 2v heads , extractors and she will be right.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Another mate had a yellow terror 2v head which had massive valves on his 250, lumpy cam, and 350 holley that went well. I just ran mjld cam a 289 v8 2 barrell autolite carb, perry 6 into 2 extractors and a 2" twin system perry mufflers sounded like a V8. Trouble is i dont think Perry exhausts exist anymore so dont know what would sound similar.
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

No such thing as a 6 that sounds like an 8, sorry :P
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

hybrid wrote:No such thing as a 6 that sounds like an 8, sorry :P
was waiting for someone to say that, old argument but one day i will prove it :-D
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

scott66stang wrote:
was waiting for someone to say that, old argument but one day i will prove it :-D
I believe you ,have heard them myself' at idle and low in the rev range. only falcon sixes not holden's
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

I respectfully disagree, a customers car (200CID) extracted sounds very much like an 8. I've never heard another like it.
Last edited by nassi on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.