Post by nassi »

Looking good mate. :like:
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by hybrid »

Looks great Scott.
Don't get tempted to work on it.. rego and drive it!
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

scott66stang wrote:
.... and spend nearly an hour getting her started after the decontamination wash bay filled up the carby and distributor components with water.
You mean...They charged you to wash it and they ACTUALLY did it?

Im impressed

Looks great Scott

Matt
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

shermatt wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
.... and spend nearly an hour getting her started after the decontamination wash bay filled up the carby and distributor components with water.
You mean...They charged you to wash it and they ACTUALLY did it?

Im impressed

Looks great Scott

Matt
They charged me for 8 hours apparently :jerk: an extra $1500 thank you very much including reinspection more gst more attendance fee, more ill just shaft you more fee etc etc

:rant:
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

Didn't I see the Caddy cruising Freo yesterday morning full of wharfies wearing beanies ???? :outtahere:
ken123
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by ken123 »

That was power washed here before leaving too,think its just revenue hunting!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah it's ridiculous.
Mine got stopped for a clean too even though Matt had it washed before it left.

There was half a tree worth of leaves and other crap all over the place when it got to my house, so what do they really do other than take your money?
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

hybrid wrote:Yeah it's ridiculous.
Mine got stopped for a clean too even though Matt had it washed before it left.

There was half a tree worth of leaves and other crap all over the place when it got to my house, so what do they really do other than take your money?
um fuck all your honour......
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

ken123 wrote:That was power washed here before leaving too,think its just revenue hunting!
Yeah Ken i know, Darren argued with them and questioned the amount, so then they turned around and said we will give you the final bill when its picked up, Darren said he needs the bill so i can pay him so i can pick it up. They were being arseholes. Darren recons he will start his own wash bay there. :lol:

Cant do f...all about it, but does make the experience less enjoyable.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Too cool for school Scott, enjoy it. There's certainly plenty of chrome to keep the kids busy.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

ken123 wrote:That was power washed here before leaving too,think its just revenue hunting!
Exactly what they did with the F100. Darren had a go at them about that as well. Have you checked your emails Ken?
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

All hotrods noramly use a master and booster under the floor Scott, not a big deal. Lots of guys use a Gemini booster rotate the front 1/2 and bolt up an XB master.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

It is a great system they have set up. They claim the car wash places are independent of the dock so they don't get anything from it. :jerk: But basically if ten cars are unloaded, then a minimum of 3 of them are going for a clean, not matter what condition/cleanliness they are in. Then because there is supposedly no link between the cleaners and the inspectors your car can be cleaned for $220+ bucks the inspectors come back and sting you for a second inspection fee and if they aren't happy with the clean it has to be done again. What shits me is you can't choose who cleans it and if they do a shit job the first time round you still have to pay them until they do it up to the inspectors satisfaction. Why the f&#@ would I pay someone for a job they didn't do properly and then have the same clowns redo the same job and pay them a second time. :loopy: :argh: Not to mention the whole thing is a waste of time as they can't get into areas like the cowl and hollow rails to clean them properly. I found some nice wasp nests when I removed the bump stops from the rear of my car, not to mention 45 years worth of leaves and dirt in the cowl.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Shaunp wrote:All hotrods noramly use a master and booster under the floor Scott, not a big deal. Lots of guys use a Gemini booster rotate the front 1/2 and bolt up an XB master.
I have a few vh40 i think they are? remote boosters so that is an option. I will just check out the existing brakes first and see if i can get it registered before modifying anything.

The biggest job is to sort out some wipers as the old ones are a cable and pulley system and one side is missing which isnt as bad as i thought. I assumed the whole lot was removed but its dangling under the dash.
Can i licence with just a drivers wiper? I think hotrods can.
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

I am surprised nassi didn't get stung for 2 rounds of cleaning and reinspections on every box and panel on his f truck...

the engine i imported got washed twice and reinspected. $750 engine, cost me $900 in customs B.S.! shipping was $500...

no matter how hard they try, you can't wash off surface rust...
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...