Jacko's Project

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Jacko's Project

Post by Nuts »

Pinto-Pete wrote:It looks alot like this one.....

That's more like it Pete. It's even got silly wheels on!!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Hey Pete, that is a bit sneaky. You should have included this:

Kerry is fixing the hole in the bonnet and if you know anyone who needs a waterfall two foot tall Edelbrock inlet manifold and two 400 holleys let me know

On a slightly more serious but ridiculous side, the cost comparison between this and Mustangs could not be greater. A window roller for the front door glass is $45- each! I just had the heater fascia re 'chromed' (actually vaporized aluminium applied in a vacuum- dyson no doubt) I supplied the bits and it cost $350!

The support for Mustangs from you blokes is by far better as well. I have become my most valuable responder. I post a question, hear nothing and then muddle my way through and post the result. I am searching for the Mustangtech equivalent; it must be out there.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
malscar
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by malscar »

Ausjacko wrote: and make it back into this

well that is the plan in any case.
Just let it rust some more and you will be able to make it look like the datto.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Ausjacko wrote:Hey Pete, that is a bit sneaky. You should have included this:

Kerry is fixing the hole in the bonnet and if you know anyone who needs a waterfall two foot tall Edelbrock inlet manifold and two 400 holleys let me know

On a slightly more serious but ridiculous side, the cost comparison between this and Mustangs could not be greater. A window roller for the front door glass is $45- each! I just had the heater fascia re 'chromed' (actually vaporized aluminium applied in a vacuum- dyson no doubt) I supplied the bits and it cost $350!

The support for Mustangs from you blokes is by far better as well. I have become my most valuable responder. I post a question, hear nothing and then muddle my way through and post the result. I am searching for the Mustangtech equivalent; it must be out there.
Never said it was yours jacko,you gave yourself up,... anyway couldn't post another photo I only had one..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Found a rusty HG bonnet today that will give up the needed sections. Jacko sent a great standard bonnet but it is so nice (& a bonnet that was fitted at the factory & not a spare part later one) that I did not want to cut it up ...... :like:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Also great news ...... :cheer:

Steve is so busy that he does not want the car until 2017, so I do not have to rush ....... :backflip:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
jbb
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by jbb »

that'll work out fine, the cuda can have a bed mate............
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

I came across these in my travels the other week near St George (QLD). i will be back there in early January if you need any bits. I think i might raid them for the front lights and any sellable pieces.

Last edited by scedd on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Is the one on the right solar powered?
And what the hell is a holden doing on a mustang forum?! Just kidding, should be an interesting one to watch :thumbs:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Lee, that is the sunroof leak prevention option on display there.

Kerry, that will make three bonnets now; I still have one here but it is not as interesting as the one John dropped up.

Scedd, grab any interior bits and you will be able to pay off your mortgage if you sell them- really. But, if the handbrake assembly looks OK, I would be interested. I sold H's remaining kidney for the dash roll (dialysis is more available now they tell me).
'68 J-code GT Fastback
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

When you get it back from Kerry's, I do hope you keep it away from Pink Bits and the Bird Shit Red 68. Holdon rust travels faster than a barnacle encrusted Cuda!

ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Jacko, there might be someone Nuts and I met who has a family member with a whole heaps of original HT parts if you were interested in some items
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

ACTstanglover wrote:Jacko, there might be someone Nuts and I met who has a family member with a whole heaps of original HT parts if you were interested in some items
What'ya go and say that for?? Now he'll want to fix that Rusty POS! :furious:

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Andrew, the handbrake assembly at present is the 'quest'. Let me know if they have one.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Right, time to start posting the new build thread. I have been hammering photobucket over the last week uploading photos to match the story thus far. As it is with the Big Mc getting some surgery and about to head to Brother Steve, I need to catch-up.

The potted history- as I knew it when I purchased it.

The car started as an orange (closest thing they had to Red) 253 4spd GTS. I am the fifth owner with the PO owning it since the early 1980's. The car is local to Canberra and is distinctive as it has a dealer-fitted webasto sunroof. There was another sebring orange Monaro kicking around Canberra at the same time but that did not have the sunroof (and he lived on the south side). The PO did some rust repairs, built the current motor, a small block chev 350, and made no bones about the fact he drove the car pretty hard and it went like the clappers. I got the impression the PO liked the odd street race or two.

PO painted the car black in the mid '80's and there was clearly an issue as it is mostly delaminating (that is a traddie term meaning 'peeling off'). At that time they fixed up some rust in the floor and a couple of the panels.

PO and car appeared in a magazine back in the early 1980’s. Why a Monaro- I think they look good.

Towed to home by Mick and his 4WD on Friday 15 May 2015

16 May: Car driven down driveway and placed on ramps. Two cans of degreaser and the pressure washer used to clean engine bay and underneath.

No, it did not eat the Fastback

JBB had obviously been around and fitted his 'flow restricting plastic' protector under the carbies- stops rain AND airflow ;-)

17 May: Photos taken of underside. Huge huntsman spider frightens me from under the car, hitting head, jamming shoulder on sill and basically getting in a human tangle while trying to escape the attacking spider (did I mention I find eight eyes rather scary).

From HKTG person, purchased the most expensive hood release ($200- no that is not a typo) and ebayed two heater knobs (XXX wanted $70 paid $35). Let the build (or unbuild at this stage) begin!

Oh, if you have any HT bits let me know. A radio blank plate would be a good start.
Last edited by Ausjacko on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
'68 J-code GT Fastback