Engine Parts Selection Tech Article

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Engine Parts Selection Tech Article

Post by hybrid »

Personally I think it should just be in the article.
Boof has done a lot of work to try and explain his processes, so I think if you read the entire thing you should get all the info you need.
If you don't, then you probably shouldn't be going it alone.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

cage wrote:I am probably going too far with it Boof as you have it all covered but what I mean with Study notes is adding to Oz's comments a bit.

So when you study you have heaps of information that are the sources you use to study for an exam for example. You make select notes of, for instance with maths, all the relevant equations that you need to know and you study the shit out of that, you don't study the entire resource library. So when I mean study notes and adding to Oz's comments re abbreviations you could add all the relevant formula's, key points such as the part list ETC all in one document as your ultimate go to tool. Hope that makes sense Boof.

Like I said though I have probably gone to far with it so forget everything I said.
Formulas are already there. What I was talking about was common trade lingo & what it means. The abbreviations would only be a minor part & I am thinking of a spreadsheet type of presentation. This is something I will put together with the help of Mrsozbilt (the spreadsheet guru ...... :smile: ).

Thinking of a 3 column type thing with an Australian / British / American terminology so you would see Mudguard / Wing / Fender for example.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Like I said I am probably going to far with it. It wasn't specifically about just Boofs write up I was more thinking about the entire car. I suppose my thought process was all the enormous things that I have learnt from the very knowledgeable people on this site to do with building an entire car. Things like what fuel pump you need based on the horsepower of the engine and how do you work that out. The fact that I needed a stronger tail shaft due to my engine power, stuff like that that a novice like me didn't know about. I was inspired by Boof's article and how Mustangtech can be the source of all this awesome info.

Another example is the wiring, what tools you will need but important things like if you buy an aftermarket wiring kit make sure you don't throw out your original harness as you will need some of the specific plugs that don't come with the kit. All these little tips.

Maybe I could take a leaf out of Boofs book and do a write up of my experience and what to look out for when taking on the huge task of building a complete car.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

There's a fuel pump calculator in the calculators module.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

cage wrote:
Maybe I could take a leaf out of Boofs book and do a write up of my experience and what to look out for when taking on the huge task of building a complete car.
Good idea as it is still fresh in your memory, go for it ....... :smile:
Kerry

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Thats great feedback Cage. I would think a set of article on other topics would be great.
A wiring one would be excellent - your experiences would also be great.

I have a small oil and fuel pump section but I did not include the volume of fuel required formula as we have one and I was needing to put a line under the article. I will add it in if requested based on feedback.

I do encourage others to write up tech and experiences - it does not need to be a monster as I have done. I am happy to help if you need it.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

hybrid wrote:There's a fuel pump calculator in the calculators module.
Has it got a db constant or a constant db?
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Camshaft selection section is now up to read.

The most technique section and most difficult one to explain and simplify the process. It is also the one that gave me the most satisfaction once I had completed it.

Enjoy.

Note: Feedback (constructive is better) is appreciate.
Last edited by boofhead on Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Nice one Boof, I will have a good read tomorrow, still need to read the last one.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

No problem. Just remember the Contents are links so if you click on one it takes you right to the start of that section (if it exists).
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I have just finished the "Read" & although I will need to read a few times to get some understanding, it is making some sense to me.

Thank you Boof, for opening a new world to me ....... :thumbs:
Kerry

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Your most welcome.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

I have released the next sections that conclude chapter 3.

The intake selection and the exhaust selection sections are now available for your fine reading and feedback.

Enjoy.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Hi Boof, I am a bit behind but just finished off the first part. I am happy to be shot down but under the brakes section there is no mention of the master cylinder (making sure the reservoirs, in particular the rear, are large enough for the new brakes - big point when engineering) or the possible need for a brake proportioning valve to get the brake bias ratios right between the front and rear. Might be worth adding just so people are aware to research that as well.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Very good feedback. Ok I will review and add some commentary on both those points.