67 Convertibuild

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 67 Convertibuild

Post by ozbilt »

scott66stang wrote:I have rolled the front fender edges. Rear quarters are not fitted yet, lhs is just tek screwed in position but will be coming off again.
Then cut the lip off the wheelarch, beat it out a little (to give you a bit more room for the tyre), roll & wire the edge of the 1/4 then glue on (Sikaflex)...

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

scott66stang wrote:Plans are not a restomod as the fastback, but something a little different . RHD conversion again with std suspension and disc brakes , not going factory colour at this stage. I thought the original colour was the browny red as in the pics above but now have discovered it was lime gold with white/parchment interior and roof after a strip down and tag decode. Both are nice colours but not for me , i like red but that is well and truly done on convertibles. I am leaning more towards a late model Ford purple colour (Menace) with white/parchment roof and interior as my wife and 3 daughters will also get to drive this one on occasion and have given the thumbs up .

Wow great work. Im jealous i dont have that level of know-how and $$$ haha i never thought a convertible could look soo tuff aggressive standard by just color wheels and suspension height. Soo simple yet effective. Its something im looking to do and now that black convrttible u advertised is perfect candidate to leave as is and just drop suspension at the front and change the wheels and maybe bigger engine. *cries* what to doooo, anymore info on it?
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Go for it , i look at that black convertible and think, man i could've just got in and drive that with little work and just a few thousand more than mine finished.
Not as much fun as this one to build though, but im a sick man just like Mikes68 we like to do things the hard way in Perth. :-D

If you are really interested email Ken he is the one that is selling and can ship it here, He used to live in Perth but now lives and runs his business in Hayward California. kazken123@aol.com
Last edited by scott66stang on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

What is the latest on this build Scott. Haven't seen much lately.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

cage wrote:What is the latest on this build Scott. Haven't seen much lately.
Nah just sitting to the side atm untill i get the fastback on the road , or sooner if feel like getting back to it. Everything is there to finish it.
MrsBLKPNY
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by MrsBLKPNY »

8 months on, any more progress?
Living the Dream Working with what I love!

www.custommustangs.com.au
We stock a large range of stock for all models.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or enquiries.
sales@custommustangs.com.au
03 9782 8850
0438 351 400
2/14 Lakewood Blvd
Carrum Downs Vic 3201
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

No progress ....because of full on other commitments, i have barely managed to get 2 hours of mustang time in the last 6 months and this Mustang project is second priority to the 66 Fastback which is alot closer to completion.
Im expecting things will change in 1 or 2 months then things will be back to "fairly" normal again. Fingers crossed because its driving me insane not working on them. :argh:
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

Good to hear dude :)
Im Back!
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

Hi dude - any updates - love this post.. :)
Im Back!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Nothing on either of the builds Jase, too busy mate.
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

thought yours had some rust scott, I inspected one with a couple of other members and omg yours was rust free compared to it.

however, it did have windscreen trim in not bad nick and a rear seat.
Cheers,
j
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

jusTANG wrote:thought yours had some rust scott, I inspected one with a couple of other members and omg yours was rust free compared to it.

however, it did have windscreen trim in not bad nick and a rear seat.
Well they are worth something, the rest is just metal panels welded together just ask Mike :lol: cost me over $500 to get a second hand covertible rear seat from the US
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

lol, I was going to say buy this car just for the seat, not much else to it :rotfl:
Cheers,
j