Scarlet

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: 67 fastback noob x100

Post by bages »

gbx78 wrote:
soc123_au wrote:So the car wont be named Fatima?
haha no .. but everytime i hear that name .. i think of Van Halens "panama" .. u know like this "fatttimaaaa .... fattimaa'ah.. fattimaa" hehehe
:rotfl:

Van Halen rooooools :headbang:
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Busy thread! Was into it early, but not I have 3+ pages to catch up on... geez, by tomorrow you will be past my number of posts...
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

i can talk alot! haha and i knew i would TOP the "tdays spammers" list hehe

heres some pics .. and before its obviously pointed out i know its had some damage at the front as you can see.. my friend tells me its nothing major and most of that front will be replaced but im aware of alignment issues etc.. hence the previous posts which is why id like to make sure its square.. it drives and runs well (he tells me) not too concerned about it as i guess anything is fixable , if because of that it costs me more than what a normal project would .. then as soc123_au implied "so be it" ..ive seen rust buckets, wrecks, turn into gorgous machines..

its a project car so *shrug*

heres some of the pics.. sorry crappy scanner

ImageImage

ImageImage

Ive been assured that any panels that may need replacing with new ones or major issues will be replaced for free, was part of the deal. So ill know that once its blasted.. so i should try get that done asap...

she aint pretty .. comes with a new bonnet not pictured but im replacing it with the body kit anyway, but theres lots of goodies under there that i just dont have the pics for but i trust my friend when he said it has it. Its no S code hahaha but hey .. end of the day i really hope this will be fun to restore and not one of those headaches where u regret doing it
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

They are all headaches in their own special way. But that just makes it a bit more exclusive & special when it's all done.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

soc123_au wrote:They are all headaches in their own special way. But that just makes it a bit more exclusive & special when it's all done.
THat makes me feel better actually..

actually the real reason ive taken the plunge is due to health reasons.. its more of a "do it now it never!" .. so i thought fk it! let it be done! :D
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

as ugly as you may think it is, you will fall in love with it as soon as it arrives!

my car is 3 years in the... waiting.... making... umm... currently in hibernation!

its ripped to pieces and hardly looks like a mustang.

i have a 68 coupe and i'm just waiting to get back from an african safari before i start on mine. we are planning to be back in mid feb 2012. the car arrived in my possession in march 2009, so its been a long wait... i was not 100% sure what i was wanting before i bought it, and now i am quite happy with the purchase!

from the sounds of it, you are going to have a fun time with this build. good luck with it all! you are lucky to be in the right neck of the woods for some of the best mustang fabricators in Aus! over here in WA, you have to do it all yourself! just ask Scott, or Mike...
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

So , is it getting blasted over there or when it arrives here (which will be when??) ?.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

gbx78, great thread :)

Congrats on the purchase! she might not be pretty but even as is I still reckon she looks tuff :-D Im a total sucker for the 67/8 FB's, they are awesome. Cant wait to see the build progress once she arrives.

We all seem to love build threads here (and pics) :dance2: I reckon they provide motivation and more importantly sanity knowing others are going through similiar cr@p when you have "one of those days". I look forward to your updates :thumbs:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Thanks guys, i feel like ive joined an exclusive club and as i walk in everyones patting my back welcoming me. I feeel awwessomme! Its nice to know theres others out there that understand. Most look at it an go 'shouldnt that be in a junk yard, why did u buy it?' :-o

All i can say regardless its condition i can now throw a set of keys down on a table and the mustang emblem will glissen and when ppl ask i can say '67 mustang' haha love it... Its like in transformers, the camaro looks a heap but its still his car...
.. Its a mystical bond between man and machine

Donoauto: blasted here.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Welcome to the forum gbx. As you've already found out there are some good people with invaluable experience and advice to help you. Like Tim I had a bit of catching up to do, this is quite a thread and you haven't even started yet! Good luck with it all.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

ponyride wrote:Welcome to the forum gbx. As you've already found out there are some good people with invaluable experience and advice to help you. Like Tim I had a bit of catching up to do, this is quite a thread and you haven't even started yet! Good luck with it all.
Cheers mate!!! Best thing i ever did was join this forum. Considering the advice given is their bread and butter, they are still happy to help.

Pressures on to do this now a large crowd has gathered hehe
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Hijack of my own thread. My rides about 13years ago.

http://trueblueford.com/CragarsELghia.html
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

gbx78 wrote:Best thing i ever did was join this forum. Considering the advice given is their bread and butter, they are still happy to help.
& that is why they have such good businesses..... they give out good advice, that when taken, can save lots of heartache (& cash).... :thumbs:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

donoauto wrote:So , is it getting blasted over there or when it arrives here (which will be when??) ?.
Blasted here, sorry didnt answer you question properly and when i get enough cash to do the rest of the body.. although that could be a while and i kinda wanted to blast it NOW incase something needs to be replaced as part of the deal ..i dont want to leave it for 6months .. so i might have to pull it apart .. blast it etch prime and put it back together to keep it running .. extra work however i wont be doing anything with it yet anyway so might be a good way to learn to take it apart and put it back together, that way im less likely to damage something when its beautifully painted..

ill just have to see and evaluate what i have. Theres not much to the car as is .. no interior so really just pull the dash and wiring out and the engine/gb .. oh and glass and rubbers and seats..

might be an idea, double effort but at least i get the hang of it while damage isnt an issue. I have my mustang workshop manual printed on big A3 hahah so i can read it easier and make notes if need be.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Well done on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Expect to throw lots of time and money at it... but that's what we do 'round here.