My 68

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: My 68

Post by Shaunp »

Kerry,those ones made from old springs look good. The Sykes bent file slapper in the link was $110 ? I might make a few. :-D
steve851
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by steve851 »

I have a question about Intergard...has any one researched about its suitability as a primer for automotive top coats ( the question was posed at tafe a few weeks ago), can a primer filler be applied over the top of it, and lastly, where in the Perth area can it be bought, I know it can be bought in the Henderson area but that is long road trip for me
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

steve851 wrote:I have a question about Intergard...has any one researched about its suitability as a primer for automotive top coats ( the question was posed at tafe a few weeks ago), can a primer filler be applied over the top of it, and lastly, where in the Perth area can it be bought, I know it can be bought in the Henderson area but that is long road trip for me
Totally suitable for fillers & top coats that use the Asko-Nobel system of paints. You should always use the one paint system all the way when painting (anything). Yes I have researched it & that is the system I use.

Click on my profile to see what I do.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

steve851 wrote:I have a question about Intergard...has any one researched about its suitability as a primer for automotive top coats ( the question was posed at tafe a few weeks ago), can a primer filler be applied over the top of it, and lastly, where in the Perth area can it be bought, I know it can be bought in the Henderson area but that is long road trip for me
To my knowledge they are only in Henderson but remember that we have a reasonable network here in Perth and we could probably find someone coming through somewhere there to pick it up and drop it with Fred who can get it to Pete who's wife works with Wilma (that's Joe's wife) and he works for "Totally Free Deliveries" here in Perth and... Ah f#^k it... You get what my point I'm sure!!

Just post the question...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Just down the road from me. Looking to get some myself, and keen to meet your car... Where are you? Ill be at whiteman park car show on 22nd april too, possibly with my project!
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

See!!... just use our "We will get it to you Eventually with a smile and hinting for a beer" Local courier service from Mandurah to Joondalup..... maybe beyond if you have more Beer :drool: oh and a Camp Stretcher
steve851
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by steve851 »

Tim I live in the hills pretty close to Mundaring, and what's the occasion at whiteman park on the 22nd?
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

there is a classic car show there. brings a massive number of cars, probably one of the biggest shows in perth.
steve851
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by steve851 »

Hmmmm Interesting, I might have to check it out, Thanks for that Tim
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

My wife is a tour guide at Karrakamia Wildlife Sanctuary at Chidlow too. she wont be back up there for a while though...
steve851
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by steve851 »

Ok I'm back from a holiday. Thanks for all the suggestions about removing those pesky locking well nuts. I tried the socket trick and succeeded in splitting a socket and as I didn't have a welder on hand. I decided to get the trusty angle grinder out and grind some flats on the nuts. Buy using a spanner and a suitable extension bar. I managed to remove those nuts. So its on with the dis-assembly of the suspension now.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

well done, thats another method for the list.
cheers
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

nice one!
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
steve851
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by steve851 »

Ok next question. Pretty soon I'll be wanting to order suspension parts when it comes to Lower control arm bushes they seem to be different two sizes, 7/16 OD and 9/16 OD. outside diameter of what? any clues?

Cheers
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

Id buy a whole new control arm.
The cost saved in doing the bushes is minimal compared to the hassle of doing them or so Im told.
I smell oranges !

Michael