NT
No votes

Total votes: 18

tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: 2013 Mustang Nationals WA

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Cam, everyone knows you skip to the correct chapter only, and put it on repeat...

i watched it monday night, straight after the nationals, i have it on blu-ray
Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

You're a sad case Cam :rotfl:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:I'm afraid Cam is in hiding :)

Cam come back mate I like your ideas, we have to build on them and make the next event more for all types of Mustangs and levels of public interest, personally the concours primadonnas hold little interest for me. More projects more creative displays etc, it would be good to have a trophy for best individual Mustang display etc, what do you think.

Happy to host you for a beer.
He's not hiding, he will be back when he can get a shirt with a pocket. :like:
you should put your pocket to good use by putting your spell checker in it ya fosilised nana bender....... :poke:
66nag
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 66nag »

Hi all
Got a few pics with my phone before the darn battery died.
Stupid me left the camera home (duh!)

66nag
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 66nag »

PS...
Just my 2 cents worth (or 0.024 $USD!)
Thought it was a absolutely fabulous day!
Feedback from family/friends who attended, thought that there was a STUNNING turn out and display of Mustangs (in numbers) on the day, and that didn't include the many that tuned up in the car park that should have been displayed on the oval for the day!!!
So, the location wasn't bad!
Suggestions from my rele's were
A) for perhaps an indicaion of who got/won awards(ie, Concourse etc) in front of the cars displayed and why...
B) cars parked in according to years, eg, 1964/'65,66, Shelby, Mach 1, etc to current '2013"., or a piece of paper with the oval layout on admission...
C) for visitors to be made aware that everyone would start their engines simultaneously at a particular time so that engines could be heard (which was I think was at 3pm PRECISELY on Sunday!!). Perhaps a time could be designated and advertised, ie 11am and 2pm so that people could appreciate the beautiful "music" that every one of these lovely cars can produce....!!!

From my "MOCWA Member" embarassingly, non invloved perspective, I thought the day was run fabulously well...
Was great to see all genres of Mustangs, 19641/2-2013.

So,
Is there a venue closer to Perth and the CBD that includes
a) accomodation within driving/walking/public transport (ha!) distance from the display
b) parking and security for $$$$ worth of cars?
c) something for the significant other /kiddies/ to go /see/do whilst hubby/signficant other participates for the WHOLE day?
(yeah, not sure if having bouncy castle fairy flossed hyper kids around $$$ worth of cars is a good thing, but if perhaps they are well parented (read politically incorrectly appropriately smacked!) it shouldn't be a problem...;-)
d) Perhaps a "how to identfy" a '64/66/67/68/69/70 ect Mustang display for those who recognise a Mustang but not sure why/how?
(Heard lots of comments saying that they would buy a New Mustang if/when they won Lotto!!!)

Being a born and bred " Wait Awhile" West Aussie, the issue of food wasn't a biggie, as the bacon and egg buns for brekkie and hot dogs/burgers for lunch is kinda the sort of fare one would expect/want? (yummy!!)
Yes, more shade would have been nice, but when you look at an event that was held at Whiteman Park with shade/lambburgers/etc/food stalls available, you queued up for AGES for everything (including restroom faciliies!): the shade was great but it took you ABSOLUTLEY AGES to get either in OR out of the event, esp of you were just visiting!!!! which wasn't so good if ya car doesn't like idling for long periods in traffic as there was only one way in and one way out....... !

The varing degree of restorations on dispaly was really great to see, -perhaps I missed the why/how/where these cars were at/came to be??Again, to have names/avatars on display would have put two and two together for me (my bad at not attending earlier MOCWA meetings!).
Perhaps a prize for the "favourites on the day" vote??? ect??
Donate proceeds to charity? ..mmmm ..dunno... am all for promoting no smoking (unless it's tyres!) etc, but they should be paying US to promote that!! Perhaps a combined RSPCA (animal) day as peeps can't resist muscle cars and/or animals!!!)
Having tradestalls there was great- I bought some good stuff and saw some great examples of what WA has to offfer in regards to restorations/customizations and products. Surprised their was no Meguiars/Mother's/Mezerno's etc . Not a criticizm, just an observation. From an organisers point of view, what does one have to do to attract them?? :-(?
Having "For Sale" Mustangs was good too-I had numerous rele's/friends asking "is that good value" for those for sale? (I said yes, of course!!!)

I agree with the Americana Theme, but as if Ozbilt states, are we better to make it an old "AUSSIE / Ford" Day, ie 196X to include/combine T'birds/Galaxies/Aussie GT's ect ? I suppose it depends on the reason for the Day - is it to promote the Mustang Genre or to generate interest/income?
I'm not sure what the answer is, but I take my hat off to all those (especially those who drove all the way from interstate) who put their time and effort to make last Sunday such a success....
Big kick up the **** for me to make more of an effort (too late! :-( )at state level!!!
Hope all the organizers have given themselves a huge pat on the bacK.
Hope you have -it was certainly worth it...!
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

Cheers!

great ideas all round! Come down on Tuesday to Carousel, we will all make you welcome.

as we have mentioned before, Easter is the biggest killer for vendors. the businesses you mentioned were all contacted during the organisation of the event, but none could make it.

Awards are announced after the display day, so we can't advertise the winners on the day, however we can signpost the judged cars in sections better than what happened. however, i am very proud of how it all went.
tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by tim_morrison82 »

The Winners

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mocwa ... a.mp4.html

(anyone know how to embed this?)
Studmuffin
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Studmuffin »

g'day groovers. i thought the event was brilliant. all those who think otherwise were obviously fed from the bottle and can jam it up their clacker.

Craig - you are one good lookin fella!!

Cheers
old MOCWA member. plenty of grey hair. grumpy old crust..
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

Studmuffin wrote:g'day groovers. i thought the event was brilliant. all those who think otherwise were obviously fed from the bottle and can jam it up their clacker.

Cheers
Craig...that is you isn't it....
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Foresight wrote:
Studmuffin wrote:g'day groovers. i thought the event was brilliant. all those who think otherwise were obviously fed from the bottle and can jam it up their clacker.

Cheers
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

scott66stang wrote:
Foresight wrote:

Cheers
be cautious of one post wonders..... "studmuffin" sounds like any number of regular posters on this forum....
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cruzn65 wrote:
scott66stang wrote:
Foresight wrote: Craig...that is you isn't it....
be cautious of one post wonders..... "studmuffin" sounds like any number of regular posters on this forum....
Only one with a haircut like yours though.....................
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

Hair is over rated Nassi..... I'd rather have none than a reverse Mohawk
Studmuffin
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Studmuffin »

Craig - who you callin' a one-post-wonder?
old MOCWA member. plenty of grey hair. grumpy old crust..
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

Studmuffin wrote:Craig - who you callin' a one-post-wonder?
the 2 post wonder Mike