Caddy Wacked

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by scott66stang »

tim_morrison82 wrote:I am surprised nassi didn't get stung for 2 rounds of cleaning and reinspections on every box and panel on his f truck...

the engine i imported got washed twice and reinspected. $750 engine, cost me $900 in customs B.S.! shipping was $500...

no matter how hard they try, you can't wash off surface rust...
They would of put his in the TOO HARD BASKET :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Get a cable set of wipers from an old jag turn one wheel box upside down, if you need to have clapping hands motion. This is how you do old holdens with vac wipers. We used to use austin 1800 ones but jags will be easier to get these days. Ser1 -3 will be fine.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Shaunp wrote:Get a cable set of wipers from an old jag turn one wheel box upside down, if you need to have clapping hands motion. This is how you do old holdens with vac wipers. We used to use austin 1800 ones but jags will be easier to get these days. Ser1 -3 will be fine.
That was one option Shaun, i remember you mentioning it once before, do you know if the xj40s have them?
The problem is more the wiper shaft fittment through the cowl, i only have one and i tried getting the parts in the US with no luck, so they could come with the car.
I have heaps of toyota and ford motors plus the XJ40 wreck so am hoping i can jig something up.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

series 2 ones that go though the cowl would work I think, they have a nut and angled cover that buts up. Think 40's a different.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Friggin awesome, cleared the boot a bit and under the spare wheel is the other wiper shaft, so now all i have to get is the wiper arms, i recon some old Holden or ford ones will be made to fit, ill take photo later as they are a bit weird and only have about a 6mm spline. I think a bigger spline is fitted to it to suit the wiper arm???

Also now have brakes, PO was in the process of fitting the disc brakes to one side when purchased and threw the drum brake back on for transport.
Had no pedal at all so i filled the resevoir and pumped the pedal, it pissed out the left side somewhere behind the wheel but not on the drum so i guessed it was the top of the brake hose was loose. Wasnt even screwed in but while under there i noticed the hoses were brand new and also new shocks.
Pulled the drum off and found near new brake shoes, springs, retainer clips and wheel cylinders.
The inner hub bearing was a bit sus as it had a bit of movement with the wheel on, found the inner bearing race was missing... looked in the boot...you guessed it.... fitted that and all is good.
I then noticed the front springs had those spaces fitted to raise the car, removed them and dropped the front around 1 1/2", then i looked further to the back and saw new air shocks and 2 1/2" lowering blocks on the rear. I thought the springs were sagged. Once i remove them the car should be level for rego.

That's it for today :drink:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

tim_morrison82 wrote:I am surprised nassi didn't get stung for 2 rounds of cleaning and reinspections on every box and panel on his f truck...

the engine i imported got washed twice and reinspected. $750 engine, cost me $900 in customs B.S.! shipping was $500...

no matter how hard they try, you can't wash off surface rust...
Mate, it was in so many bits it was just too f#ckin hard to organise. Scotts would have been much easier money.
For the record though all the wasp nests had already hatched and moved on but the spiders were still alive and well............................ JMO by the way.
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

Class action against the fucktards ??? :rant:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Exhausted wrote:Class action against the fucktards ??? :rant:
Yeah we will cruise past them in our classic cars and give them the finger with one of those big foam oversized hands :like: <---- not that digit either :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by S[_]SPECT »

Did you ask if they were a legitimate public servant of the de-jure Governement of the Commonwealth of Australia ?

http://www.truth-now.net
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Excellent news Scott.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

S[_]SPECT wrote:Did you ask if they were a legitimate public servant of the de-jure Governement of the Commonwealth of Australia ?

http://www.truth-now.net

Ya know...ever since I watched that corvette guy video, Ive been kinda curious about this

has anyone actually questioned a "government" department since watching this?

Matt
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Got her on the hoist today to fully bleed the brakes and have a look underneath. I was a bit nervous chucking all this weight on a old hoist so i just went high enough to put the hoist pins in the first slot.
First thing i noticed is one of the new air shocks i mentioned before was missing, proberly still sitting in a shed in the US, oh well a new set of shocks for the rear is needed.
The exhaust is in poor condition, i could patch it up, but i may as well fit a twin system, thats what i was going to do anyway.
Checked the rear brakes and they were all new and the suspension and steering has minimal slop.
Hand brake cable and rear brake pipe have been replaced.
Floors and Chassis is in excellent condition. Very happy overall, even though very cruddy, money has been spent on this.

Last edited by scott66stang on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Cant believe i didint check the glove box untill today, suprised to see a new sony explode stereo in there but not hooked up and the plug and wiring was missing. Also in the parcel tray is speaker holes drilled and underneath in the boot is 2 new Jenson speakers not hooked up either.
Well i need tunes while i work on her on the back lawn so i got a spare Alpine stereo and new leftover speaker wire from the shed and hooked into wiring it up.

While under the dash and boot i noticed all the wiring has been replaced with new braided type wiring and looks like the guage cluster has had some attension too...Yippee again this is just getting better. :backflip:
Also noticed no speedo cable and possibly a siezed or tight speedo.
Wired up the clock too, has a tick but no tock... hands dont move, will look at that at a later date.

I dont know how the interior would go, but this could easily do concours or vintage rego if i dont modify too much. It still has the big pickle jar vacuum operated washer bottle sitting in the engine bay.

Anyway stereo is now all hooked up and sounds great, i will put the original big valve job radio which includes the speaker back in place after i have sorted the wipers under the dash and put a new speaker in that .
Now i can happily listen to the BeeGees as i work away. :thumbs:

Fitted the Alpine stereo

Last edited by scott66stang on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Here is a close up of the guage cluster and also the steering wheel i am going to have a go at restoring using fibreglass reinforced bog.
I think i will chrome the speaker grill, gotta love lots of chrome.

This feline thinks this is a CATillac

Last edited by scott66stang on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

catskin seatcovers maybe scooter ? .....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm