Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: Glenn's '67 Project (without a clever name)

Post by xpconnor »

The magic carpet made me think of Alladin, but I can't say I like that name for a mustang.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

You need to work Dave harder! Usually takes me a day to totally strip a complete car and that's with a brew break every hour or so. And yours was already halfway there!! :poke:
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Nuts wrote:You need to work Dave harder! Usually takes me a day to totally strip a complete car and that's with a brew break every hour or so. And yours was already halfway there!! :poke:
Nightshift nuts...? maaate know some blokes that could use a man of your talents... :poke:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Only just caught up on this one and did not realize you had started Arthur.

If you invited a few around we could have that thing apart in no time. You have to get a bigger rug though- just saying.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
Nuts wrote:You need to work Dave harder! Usually takes me a day to totally strip a complete car and that's with a brew break every hour or so. And yours was already halfway there!! :poke:
Nightshift nuts...? maaate know some blokes that could use a man of your talents... :poke:
I thought you left the midnight spares business and went legit?? ;)

cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Just caught up on this thread. So for a name what about America. Dual meaning of course, place of birth and the band that sang Horse with no Name.

Or nana. Come on sing along with me. Na na, na, nananana, nanana, na, na.

Ok I will shut up now. :outtahere:
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

LOL - How about 'MidnightSpares' ?

Cage has more sensible suggestions.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

I gratefully accept your offer, so when can you come over to do it??... I'll make sure you are all "brewed" up :thumbs:

One thing I forgot to mention, when removing the tail/brake light buckets, there is a odd marking under the left-hand bucket... anyone know what this may be?
(without stating the bleed'n obvious of it looking like a number "4", also there was no notable marks on the other bucket).

Just as a personal observation, both sides look to be of the same age with very similar wear, corrosion, oxidisation and ageing, they both look like original units (which have never been removed).
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
My wife's project is: ME!!
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

There are a lot of interesting names from you all... especially "Arthur"?? :shrug:
Ausjacko wrote:Only just caught up on this one and did not realize you had started Arthur.

If you invited a few around we could have that thing apart in no time. You have to get a bigger rug though- just saying.

You all have an open invitation to come over (except any vampires) ;) ... I just need some advanced warning

I can't get the BBQ out (of where it is currently buried) but I'm sure I can rustle up a feed and there are arcade machines as well as a couple of pinball machines for when we take a break :spoton:

Cheers,
Glenn
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

[quote="OzStang390]
I gratefully accept your offer, so when can you come over to do it??... I'll make sure you are all "brewed" up :thumbs:

.[/quote]

Glenn, I would feel really bad denying you the opportunity to play with "Misty". :poke:

OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

Nuts wrote:[quote="OzStang390]

Glenn, I would feel really bad denying you the opportunity to play with "Misty". :poke:[/quote]

DAMN!! ever since you and ozbilt (Dazza & Kezza) mentioned "Misty" it has been resurfacing again and again in my mind... looks like you both have called it. First prize is a luxurious day of stripping a '67 Muzzy with meals and entertainment included, amenities are provided at a minimal cost (the kids will need to be paid to clean up afterwards) :poke: :rotfl:

Dazza, I'm a sharing, caring kinda bloke... I'd be more than happy and honoured to have you come over and play with Misty too :cheers:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

OzStang390 wrote:

Glenn, I would feel really bad denying you the opportunity to play with "Misty". :poke:
DAMN!! ever since you and ozbilt (Dazza & Kezza) mentioned "Misty" it has been resurfacing again and again in my mind... looks like you both have called it. First prize is a luxurious day of stripping a '67 Muzzy with meals and entertainment included, amenities are provided at a minimal cost (the kids will need to be paid to clean up afterwards) :poke: :rotfl:

Dazza, I'm a sharing, caring kinda bloke... I'd be more than happy and honoured to have you come over and play with Misty too :cheers:[/quote]

But I think you have missed the point Glenn.. You have to play with Misty for me!!! :rotfl:

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Nuts wrote:
OzStang390 wrote:

Dazza, I'm a sharing, caring kinda bloke... I'd be more than happy and honoured to have you come over and play with Misty too :cheers:
But I think you have missed the point Glenn.. You have to play with Misty for me!!! :rotfl: [/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hell that was one of the few movies I have watched.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hell that was one of the few movies I have watched.
That and Deliverance....enjoyed your banjo picking to by the way.... :poke:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm