Jacko's Project

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Jacko's Project

Post by boofhead »

Tunnel Rams are hot. Love the old school builds. Bring on the photos.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Very cool Jacko, keep it coming mate.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Ausjacko wrote:
Oh, if you have any HT bits let me know. A radio blank plate would be a good start.
Why ? haven't joined the Exclusive Brethren have you...?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

No Pete, but will use that MBT RX Bluetooth receiver I posted about before. All stereo equipment in the boot therefore no need for a hole where the radio used to be up front. They made a blanking plate with Holden across the front for this hole where no radio was fitted (can't imagine why but anyway). If I can't find one that does not require one of our remaining organs to procure, I will make one using real veneer- we have stacks of it.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

need an original wireless you do...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Do recall seeing those jacko, usually in Belmonts bought by tightasses or brethren.....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Best Australian muscle cars early Monaros and Torana's way better the a Fairmont with stripes. I had 45k mile from new 253 Prem, AC etc. till about 2008. I may have a few bits, not sure

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Nice. I just did a Rego check on those plates and they do not exist. Hope the car is still alive.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

I need that done but in the ACT on the original plates. Need to find one more owner- the First One as I shall now call them.

Chasing a handbrake handle at present if you have one of those. If only we knew a good auto parts dismantler...
'68 J-code GT Fastback
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

If only......
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

boofhead wrote:Nice. I just did a Rego check on those plates and they do not exist. Hope the car is still alive.
It went to the to the Barossa I think. All original trim, carpet etc all perfect. The original hub caps are still hanging in the shed. The guy rang me a couple of years back. Colour was called Florentine gold metalic. People always talk about GMH black in engine bays and boot, I can tell you they werent black they were grey you can kind of see it in the boot. Was a very cool car being so original, Air chief push button radio etc, and the fact it was V8 turned a lot of heads, no Holley just the WW2 stromberg which was hopeless till it warmed up, big flat spot of idle, fine at temp though. I lowered it a bit and put the period wheels on it, some shocks and a 1" bar on the front. Never got around to getting the AC running, I had a VH commodore bracket to upgrade to a Sanden compressor and what not. Back when I had it I think an Air Cheif push botton was going for about $800. I do have choke delete bung I know, cause I found it the other day, which all V8 cars must have

Last edited by Shaunp on Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Hey Shaun
Never say never. Here is what I have found thus far re engine bays and colours:

"Black etch primer over all the bare steel on the entire body shell.
2/ Red oxide primer over the black etch
3/ Body colour acrylic lacquer over the red oxide
4/ Black primer (375-1690) or black acrylic lacquer (599-5285) on the undersides of the wheelhouses, and mostly the underside of the car.
5/ Black acrylic lacquer (599-5285) on the firewall - except for GTS and Brougham and maybe Premier
6/ Black acrylic lacquer (599-5285) on the front subframe,
7/ Black acrylic lacquer (599-5285) on the front fender undersides,
8/ Warrigal Black acrylic lacquer in the engine compartment and firewall for GTS, Brougham and maybe Premier.
This lacquer is gloss by definition, but was baked and not buffed, which is why the finish can vary in gloss level so much."

Note the advice came with 'each factory did it slightly differently' caveat. Having found that, I also hear some cars had their engine bays painted in the pale green like mine. Note sure of the significance of this if anything.

If you really want to start a shit storm (as I did) re colours, ask on a Holdon forum why they only repro the grille badge in red and blue not the silver and blue some of the HTs (everyone orig one I have seen thus far actually) came with. They relay a story about the red fading leaving the silver underneath. But if this were the case, 3M or some such company would have found a use for uniformly fading paint sometime ago; as they did with the not so sticky adhesive they turned into post-it notes.

Nice car and colour BTW.
Cheers
Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

This was an Adelaide built car and I can say the boot, bay etc was almost black but not quite, you can see it in the boot compared with the mat, I have a mate who has a Van he has had from new its the same in the bay. The Prem was red underneath and black under the arches and rad support etc. It also had 2 layers of sound deadener felt under the carpet because it was a prem I guess. Car was extremely original I got it from Beaudesert west of Brisbane. Maybe Warrigal black is really very dark grey. This car was a 45k mile car, much of it was like a 5 year car. The metalic acrylic was a bit faded so we shot it with 2k COB, to freshen it up.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

My HT Monaro was black in the engine bay and the boot so was my HG....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

Maybe it was black that was really grey.