How to tell V8 spindles - need better discs & calipers

Technical Discussion on Pre-1973 Mustangs

Moderator: Moderators

Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: How to tell V8 spindles - need better discs & calipers

Post by Edz66Vert »

Yes, read that one today when i googled it Boofhead, I couldn't find any rules either, that's why I rang my engineer as I have to go by what he will sign off. Also, my brake guy who's redoing all my lines just resigned from the ACT pits and he just said hide it under the master cylinder. I'll leave it where it is and just make a neat cover for rego. I'll only add a security screw if they tell me, you won't be able to see the head under there anyway.

Looked at my brackets and stub this afternoon, I can simplify things and get it down to just 2 plates. one on the stub face, one to adapt the caliper with weld on 29 mm spacers, just need to move 2 holes on the stub plate I drew up. Back out to the garage tonight to make it in ply and measure up!
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

If you need any help call oz, he used to reline the brakes on Caesar's chariot in between races at the Colosseum....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

From what I have seen the rules are even less important because the rego department has now given to engineers the full responsibility. So it means if they sign it off then it is ok. Thy can make it up with no higher authority to ok it.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Edz66Vert
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Edz66Vert »

True, engineers take all liability. I'll just leave it where I hid it under the master cylinder and not even mention it during engineering or rego.
Checkout my car builds - edzv8s.com
66 Convertible Bench Seat AODE 3.5 9"
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Pinto-Pete wrote:If you need any help call oz, he used to reline the brakes on Caesar's chariot in between races at the Colosseum....
That was just leather shoes though and they were only strapped on.