Dynamic Stang

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Dynamic Stang

Post by Nuts »

Hey Dynamo! You something left on it... The dash stiffening rod! Nice work!
Last edited by Nuts on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

cheers nuts! i wasnt sure if i should take that off or leave it on for when the car gets blasted :shrug:?
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

mikes68 wrote:
hybrid wrote:Ahhhh memories.
MEMORIES... I DON"T NEED NO STINKIN' MEMORIES - I'm reminded everytime I walk through my garage at the start and end of EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! :bash:
don't actually know how you kept sane mike, then again....i have seen the amount of rust you had :loopy:
Pete
Mustang Project:
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

I have a rotis for a '66 - which can be modded for a 67 if you're needing one!

JC
Im Back!
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Awesome work Dynamic. No fly's on you mate.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

JC074 wrote:I have a rotis for a '66 - which can be modded for a 67 if you're needing one!

JC
If yours was spinning Ok with the 66 on it, then only the rear mount needs changing if it uses the bumper bracket holes. The balance will stay the same if a coupe, fastback or convert.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

kool - I had it for my '66 vert - a dude that had a 67 pfasty had it last and had to make a few minor mods - but worked a treat :)
Im Back!
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

cheers guys! will see first and let you know about that rotisserie thanks alot JC!
Pete
Mustang Project:
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

So I figured Australia day long weekend would be a good time to start work again on the mustang which is long over due. I've started to drill out the cowl spot welds which is a boring and long job so I've only done 30 or so because to be honest it's been too hot and it's been a very big weekend in general :drink:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/80 ... 069bf.jpg/

I have now successfully blunted several of my dads drill bits which I cleaned and put away without him even knowing.... :-|

I have some spare cash so I wanted to purchase some parts, is it best to install the single one piece cowl replacement or get the two piece? Most of the threads/information online points me in the direction of the two piece perhaps some more light could be shed on this though.
Pete
Mustang Project:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Open the cowl up first and see what it's like before you go spending more money. :like: And buy your Dad some new drills you scrooge!! :impatient:
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

or at least sharpen them...................
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Good on ya Pete getting on you way again, i too have just started on the Fastback after a year. :thumbs:

I think the problem with the cowl already pre assembled is that it can be supplied with a twist in it. So when welded to you car it can put the twist/stress on to the body.
So it is best to buy in 2 parts, and when welding it all together make sure you car body is on a jig or jackstands on a level ground supported in the factory positions.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Agree with Scott there Pete... I bought the complete upper and lower set already welded together. Then had to drill them all out as it had a twist in it which had it sitting around 3/4" high on one corner.

Also, wait until it is out, or at least the top is off so you can see what you really need to buy.
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

Nuts wrote:Open the cowl up first and see what it's like before you go spending more money. :like: And buy your Dad some new drills you scrooge!! :impatient:
Yep I better sort them out or else he will lock them away and then I will have to use my own tools :lol:

Cheers guys I will look into the two piece cowl then, do I need to support the firewall on a jig before removing the old cowl?
Pete
Mustang Project:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

If you are only touching the cowl then you should be right as the firewall is stitched to the two rear inner fenders as well as the side cowl panels. That said, I would not be wanting to move it around too much and be on solid level ground to start with. Even less of a concern if you are only popping the top cowl panel off first...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails