Black Beauty!

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Black Beauty!

Post by unilec5544 »

Not sure at this stage if i will keep the colour the original black, so for now I call her black beauty.
I received the panels I will need to finish off the repairs to the body from Mark at Capital Classics last night.
All I need now is for a weather change here in Perth. It has been so hot and humid lately I have not felt like doing any work at all, hopefully we will get some much needed rain very soon and things will cool down a bit.

More updates soon hopefully, Cheers Neil.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Black Beauty!

Post by scott66stang »

Yeah i battled the heat today realising i need to get stuff done and its not going to get cooler. Ozbilting 43 in the shed with my big industrial fan blowing like a fan heater. I dont know where they get 35-36 degrees from, i get 38 in the shade most days 39 today.

BTW paint it white unless you intend to put a wicked aircon and lots of insulation in it. Mines having the full NC Fairlane climate control air con in.
:thumbs:
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Just thought I would post a pic of why I am replacing the quarter panels. The previous owner decided to flare the wheel arches and to get the shape right used about 25mm of bog to get the shape as he wanted.
Looks really crap, so off they come.

Pardini
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Pardini »

Black Beauty is a great name mate! It's great when you get a bunch of parts for your beast in the garage. A milestone moment :)

I love the flares! Put a pair of phat 4x4 wheels on the back and take it to the speedway!

Keep the pictures coming,

chris :cheers:
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

that flair reminds me of the torana ones i like them lol great getting new parts to oggle weather has been too hot for working on cars I usually spend my time at the beach
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
bages
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by bages »

awesome I love watching other projects - good luck :)
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

bages wrote:awesome I love watching other projects - good luck :)
Me too.
More pics required.
Love pics too.
I smell oranges !

Michael
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

BTW paint it white unless you intend to put a wicked aircon and lots of insulation in it. Mines having the full NC Fairlane climate control air con in.
:thumbs:[/quote]

Definitely going for a good aircon system, at the moment I am looking into a cooling and heating combination unit to mount under the dash.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

OK OK, i GIVE UP. can someone tell me how to remove the door glass from my car? Do i need to remove the quarter glass first or is there something I am missing.
Failing that does anyone know of a website that tells you how to remove it?

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote:OK OK, i GIVE UP. can someone tell me how to remove the door glass from my car? Do i need to remove the quarter glass first or is there something I am missing.

Look at the 1/4 glass & its runner. You will see that the 1/4 glass is held in by 2 bolts at the top & there are 2 nuts on adjustable threads , one just below & to the front & the other near the bottom of the door. Take the nuts off & using an allen wrench undo the threads. Take the bolts on the top out. Then you can remove the 1/4 vent while the window is wound down.

Wind the window up & you can remove the bolts holding the regulator in. Once they are undone, you can disconnect the reg from the glass. You may have to wind it down slightly & also remove the bolt on slide on the door for the regulator.

Then there are 2 stoppers for the door glass, one is in the rear, the other at the front bolted to the glass lower support. Once they are removed & the belt window felts are off, the glass will come out.

That is the "simplistic" version.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

unilec5544 wrote:OK OK, i GIVE UP. can someone tell me how to remove the door glass from my car? Do i need to remove the quarter glass first or is there something I am missing.

Is the Vette yours as well ?
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Fully sick flares, can't believe they aren't staying.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Thank you Kerry, unfortunately i have already removed the window regulator, that was the easy part. Tomorrow night i will try and remove the 1/4 glass and follow your instructions.

The flares look a lot better in the picture than in person and because they used a lot of bog to form the shape, both sides are cracked though from the flexing, so the quarters need to be repaced. Also they beat out the outer wheelhouse panel to help form the shape, so there are rust issues as well.

Yes the corvette is mine. i bought it from the states as a wreck. it went head first under a truck, so I had to replace the full front clip. Took me 6 years to complete that project, but it's part of the family now. I take her out most weekends and often to work as well.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

unilec5544 wrote:Yes the corvette is mine. i bought it from the states as a wreck. it went head first under a truck, so I had to replace the full front clip. Took me 6 years to complete that project, but it's part of the family now. I take her out most weekends and often to work as well.
Nice!
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote: unfortunately i have already removed the window regulator, that was the easy part. Tomorrow night i will try and remove the 1/4 glass and follow your instructions.
That will not disturb the process, so no big deal. You will just need a second person to hold the glass while you take the stops off.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet