Caretakers Fastback

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

Caretaker65
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Caretakers Fastback

Post by Caretaker65 »

Finally I decided & started freshening up the fastback interior.

Its been over 12 months & 1 house later since my shopping day in Canberra & ended up bringing gear home for "That 67 Coupe" my fastback, Thirsty's fastback & 67Hardtops coupe...and not forgetting catching up with Justang, Moe & Nuts..

So, interior is out. Seats have been retrimmed, next weekend we are fitting the 1/4 guard ornaments & chrome wheel arch mouldings.
Just brought new window felts, roof rail rubbers & door rubbers also picked in that Canberra trip a new dash pad, instrument cluster & interior door panels.
Going to give interior rear panels new paint, same with the dashboard & inside face of both doors.

Keeping an eye out for second hand 65 trap door as I want to put rear speakers in, might be crazy but don't feel like hacking up the original trap door.. so if anyone hears of 1, pls let us know..

Having the bigger house makes life easy for storage, couldn't done this at the old house, interior panels in the lounge room, seats in 3rd bedroom & new spares in the 4th bedroom.

Also planning on moving the fuse box to more easier location instead of being behind the left hand kickpanel...any suggestions of easier location?

Couple weeks back, I had the nose lowered 1" & abit and now sits more level.
Attached is my link to my photobucket account so you can view what I'm up too.. will stay in touch with progress & questions.

Cheers, :thumbs:

http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae29 ... r%20Resto/
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caretakers Fastback

Post by moe »

Caretaker65 wrote: Keeping an eye out for second hand 65 trap door as I want to put rear speakers in, might be crazy but don't feel like hacking up the original trap door.. so if anyone hears of 1, pls let us know..
What about something like this:

As you are putting speakers in it, how about a reproduction wit the speaker pods?
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

Do you have one Moe?? How much?
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

Nah - don't have one, but they seem to be around $120ish US.

Using the reproduction unit for speakers saves another one getting cut up.
Caretaker65
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Caretaker65 »

Thanks Moe,

Will look into that trap door style, possibly one of last tasks as it can be done later.
Caretaker65
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Caretaker65 »

Hi all,

Not much progress on Fastback, had to arrange some paint for the interior panels couple weekends ago. Drove up to Mustang Marque yesterday & had Ian fit the Qtr guard ornaments and chrome wheel arches to the Fastback. Couple extra photo's in my link - s981.photobucket.com/a...r%20Resto/

Question for you all, I managed to break a seat rail bolt..clean off at the rail.
Are these bolts available or do I need to locate a S/H seat rail, they look as if they pressed in but no 100% sure. Is anyone able to advise the thread size?

Doing this small project has been good, keeps my mind off all the other bullsh7t that's been happening, you could say I needed a project to get the mind active again or it wanders...which only leads to despression.

We are all friends here, some know me personnally others only by name but so your aware my seperation/ settlement & pending divorce took its toll mentally.. you could say I crashed big time. Excellent friends, Thirsty390, J1 & Ozbilt have all known and been supportive in different ways & I've got a fanastic wonderful partner now & she's one of a kind!

Sorry about getting off track, that's my mind at the moment. I bounce around from topic to topic and the medication is helping.
Stay well everyone.

Will keep posting updates on my progress with the Fastback.
Regards
Geoff aka Dr Graham Dashboard or plain old Caretaker65
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Great to see your head up again... :thumbs: Getting life sorted is always the most important thing, the Mustang will always be there, many here have been (or going) through the same thing.....

Your seat tracks,

Knock the stud out & replace with a 5/16" UNC bolt (1 1/4" long) or better still a machine screw that size & length (Phillips or slot head, does not matter). Weld them into place (top) & it will be fine.

If you need seat runners, I have some at Duggo.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Caretaker65
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Caretaker65 »

Kerry

Thank you for the info on the thread size. Was thinking about similar process.
Now that the Qtr guard ornaments are on the fun begins, the dash pad will be next to be removed and I will start on the dash board.

Will do my best to tune in more often to say hi.. :thumbs:
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

good to see you going ok caretaker....been busy myself so haven't been around to much
Cheers,
j
Dad
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Dad »

Good on you Geoff.

Have been there and got the t-shirt as they say.

With the trap door, I have a repo plastic type one I bought for the 66 but did not end up using. It does not have speaker pods but if you want to take a look it's here.
Cheers,
Dad

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Caretaker65
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Caretaker65 »

Andrew,

Cheers..that sounds good.
I see you have sold the Fastback recently & you are awaiting your new toy to arrive.
I'll drop you a message with my email & contact # so we can chat about the trapdoor.

Thanks again :thumbs:
IGALOP
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by IGALOP »

Stay strong Doc, the light gets brighter at the end of the tunnel, nice to hear of a bit of progress on the F/B.
Hope to see you soon..................cheers :thumbs: Johnno.
Selling the Mustang story to all those who will listen!
There are many listening in Gippsland.
Dad
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Dad »

Caretaker65 wrote:Andrew,

Cheers..that sounds good.
I see you have sold the Fastback recently & you are awaiting your new toy to arrive.
I'll drop you a message with my email & contact # so we can chat about the trapdoor.

Thanks again :thumbs:
Yes mate. Can't wait to get the 69 home. Have sent pm.
Cheers,
Dad

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Hey Caretaker, good to see "all's good"! :thumbs:
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Great to here you are back in the saddle Geoff. Sounds like you have come out the other side now and are firing on all cylinders. Good blokes deserve a happy life so live it up mate. :joy: